Brembo calipers

lewisjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m thinking of updating the front calipers on my project bike,it’s a 1983 R100RT,which came with Brembo single pots and spoked wheels.Which Twin pot calipers fit the bolt spacing on the forks,I believe there are some calipers with the same pitch but need a small amount machining off the mounting lugs.

Why bother, put EBC hh pads in and see how you like that first.
FWIW my G/S came with a twin pot fitted and the single as a spare
When the twin spot started weeping I put the single pot back on and, with HH pads it works better than the twin pot.

Why bother, put EBC hh pads in and see how you like that first.
FWIW my G/S came with a twin pot fitted and the single as a spare
When the twin spot started weeping I put the single pot back on and, with HH pads it works better than the twin pot.
One of thestandard calipers is toast,and it’s as much about trying something different from standard,the whole build is a sort of street scrambler style,I have an F800 brake and clutch lever assembly.

Sorry my mistake, looking at upgrade to 4 pot from 2 pot👍

Maybe one of you smart arses would like to explain why the twin pots work better than the four, and add something useful to the conversation!

My experience is that they work about the same, but you get a bit more feel from the 4 pot. Not worth the bother though IMO.

However, the 6 pot Billet calliper has masses of power and feel. Better than the HE 320 disc conversion, which itself is a big improvement over stock.

I’d be fitting a pair, 6 pots would be massive overkill I think,I’m thinking along the lines of a pair of 4 pots from one of the K series bikes.

I’d be fitting a pair, 6 pots would be massive overkill I think,I’m thinking along the lines of a pair of 4 pots from one of the K series bikes.

Just noticed this is not a single disc setup for a GS, so most of my previous post should probably be best ignored :)

The front brakes on this bike is what I’m thinking,there’s no problem in me making adaptor plates,but it would be neater to find calipers with the 118mm pitch

Attachments

• E3D15A7C-A082-42FE-9302-546190E24ACC.jpeg
    E3D15A7C-A082-42FE-9302-546190E24ACC.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 263
I have 1200 gs four pots on mine , just had a pair of calliper mounts made , it’s has lots of feel and stops ! I don’t think you would want any more front brake

I have 1200 gs four pots on mine , just had a pair of calliper mounts made , it’s has lots of feel and stops ! I don’t think you would want any more front brake

Cheers,that sounds just what I’m looking for, eBay here we come then.

4pot caliper a off the 1100 gs have the same bolt fixing position as the 2pot no need for brackets but they need 4mm taking off the caliper mounts to centralise the caliper

I have a Box of these , which i had machined for the R100GS fork leg .
I gleaned all the measurements i needed off Adv Rider in the USA , and had my good friend
and machine maestro do the Bizz !
I dont even remember where i put them , but i know i paid for them , ! ! ! ! ! ! !

How many do you want ?

Attachments

• 161120131190.jpg
    161120131190.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 161120131191.jpg
    161120131191.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 218
  • 161120131193.jpg
    161120131193.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 161120131192.jpg
    161120131192.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 215
I have a K1100 4 pot caliper which I had to machine the fixing tabs down by about 4 mm. It’s on my R100GS fitted with an EBC disc (standard diameter) and TRW sintered pads. It is only marginally better than the standard set up. I’m going to try the HE disc with the standard 2 pot caliper and TRW pads.

I tried the TRW sintered pads, slightly better than Organic but not a patch on EBChh sintered
With a oversized disk and a 11mm M/C working on on one small{single} two pot they will lock the front wheel easily on black top.
Only tried them because their rear brake shoes were so good, but the pads are crap.

Would you know if they would fit on an 1995 R80 R fork leg..?
My project bike came with a single disc but I'd like to upgrade it to a pair.
Thanks
Steve

Back
Top Bottom