Rear ABS

Cyclistbruce

Reaction score
ABS light is intermittently flashing, checked the fault code via pin 2, it's reading as rear ABS sensor (4 flashes). Figured I damaged it when I had the drive shaft off.

Checked the pins inside the sensor plug on the multimeter which showed no continuity. I bought a used one, and this didn't work (tried resetting the fault but it persists). Also no continuity on this either.

Dealer sent another sensor, still no joy. Also no continuity across these pins. So am I missing something here? There should be continuity across the pins right? Can't believe I've got 2 duds in a row!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Maybe your meter won’t read a high resistance,can’t recall the value for a good sensor as I’m sat at home ,but it won’t be 0 ohms,or continuity as you put it,more likely 3k ohms ,it’s basically a coil of wire,lots and lots of coils,it will have a fairly high resistance.
It’s also known as a A/C generator,so with a meter across the 2 pins of the disconnected connector set to ac volts when you spin the wheel you should get a a/c voltage reading
If you are getting a/c volts out of the sensor you can move up to the relevant 2 pins on the ecu connector to see if the wiring is ok up to the unit
Hope this makes sense

Back
Top Bottom