New forum for forthcoming F750GS and F850GS models

Tim Cullis

Scotland lover
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Putney, London and the Altiplano de Granada
The two new parallel twin models are a direct development from the F650-F700-F800GS twins using a redesigned larger capacity 853cc version of the Rotax engine.

But in many other respects they are substantially different with a redesigned chassis with sheet-fabricated spars in which the top, front, and rear of the engine are clamped for greater torsional rigidity. A new transmission includes an anti-hop clutch and optional Gear Shift Assist Pro for fast up-and-down shifts.

The fuel tank has been moved from the rear underseat (and therefore 'wide arse' position) to a conventional position in front of the rider, which then affects luggage options. And the spoke-wheeled F850GS gets tubeless tyres which is a major advantage for those touring solo in remote areas.

BMW’s Dynamic ESA electronically adjustable suspension is available as an option which adds various riding modes, although even the basic model has ‘rain’ and ‘road’ settings along with traction control and ABS. ABS Pro is also available as an option, adding ‘Dynamic’ and ‘Enduro’ modes, plus ‘Enduro Pro’ on the F850GS.

A new optional 6.5-inch TFT dash at last has a digital speedo rather than analog, with the ability to easily switch to kph when needed. Major advances with integration with smartphone technology.

The changes are such that there will be little overlap in content of posts, and it has been decided to create a separate forum for the new models.

bar risers

Hi i am new to this and just bought a f750gs 2019 I need a set of risers that still are ok with the standard nav prep. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance for your help. Shaun

Back
Top Bottom