Pairing TPS on a new set of wheels

DaveS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought a spare set of wheels some time ago.
I finally got a set of tkc80s fitted and have them on the bike now.
Of course I now have the TPS icon flashing as well as a warning light constantly blinking.
What are my options to sort this?
How do I pair the wheels with the bike?

Thanks
Dave

You can’t easily. I have the same issue. The only way I am told is with a GS911 diag tool but that’s expensive and a faff. I use lower pressures off road in any case so even if I could pair the wheels the system would then just blink at me to tell me to pump them up.

You can’t easily. I have the same issue. The only way I am told is with a GS911 diag tool but that’s expensive and a faff. I use lower pressures off road in any case so even if I could pair the wheels the system would then just blink at me to tell me to pump them up.
Presumably the dealers would do it.... for a cost.

Yes. Well mine would have done anyway. The issue is that you can only have one set paired at a time.
Ahh right ok. I didn’t know that. That does seem a pain!

Andy, I have two sets of wheels too and had the exact same problem last year, I have a GS911 but couldn't manage to pair them myself but that could very easily be user error on my part as I prefer hammers to computers.

I took it to John Clarks in Dundee and they did it for £25, I told them they were a spare set of wheels and they stored them in the bikes computer as "Set 2" my originals as "Set 1".

They both work fine and have been on and off as pairs a few times now and always show the correct pressures. My bike is a 2010 GSA TC.

Hope you find a solution.

JimmyMac

Andy, I have two sets of wheels too and had the exact same problem last year, I have a GS911 but couldn't manage to pair them myself but that could very easily be user error on my part as I prefer hammers to computers.

I took it to John Clarks in Dundee and they did it for £25, I told them they were a spare set of wheels and they stored them in the bikes computer as "Set 2" my originals as "Set 1".

They both work fine and have been on and off as pairs a few times now and always show the correct pressures. My bike is a 2010 GSA TC.

JimmyMac
Ahh ok so you can have two sets then with one bike.
Think I'll give the dealers a call tomorrow and see what they say.

JimmyMac

Yep. It’s possible on the TC but not on the WC. I assumed the OP had a WC as this is the WC section and answered accordingly.

Ahh ok so you can have two sets then with one bike.
Think I'll give the dealers a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Unless I have been misled by two dealers and several other people in the same situation they should tell you exactly what I have said. Unless you have a TC of course (see post above).

Unless I have been misled by two dealers and several other people in the same situation they should tell you exactly what I have said. Unless you have a TC of course (see post above).

I have an LC as per my signature and the forum I'm posting in.
So ok that looks like a bummer then.

TPC to spare wheels

Be nice to your local dealer.

I try to be, and consequently my local dealer did it for me f.o.c. - took them no time at all. I cant tell you the name of the dealer 'cos I don't want to put them on the spot, but I have bought tyres from them in the past and didn't try to nail their feet to the floor.

What goes round usually comes round, and I find that dealers will be generous with customer service given half a chance.

Be nice to your local dealer.

I try to be, and consequently my local dealer did it for me f.o.c. - took them no time at all. I cant tell you the name of the dealer 'cos I don't want to put them on the spot, but I have bought tyres from them in the past and didn't try to nail their feet to the floor.

What goes round usually comes round, and I find that dealers will be generous with customer service given half a chance.
Yeh but I’d be wanting to change the wheels every so often, maybe weekends, so having to visit the dealer each time would be a pain. I’ve ordered a gs-911 so hopefully it’ll be a straightforward tweak each time.
Thanks for everyone’s input.

hold your horses with the gs 911,the whole point of going to the dealer to program a 2nd set of wheels is that once done the bike will recognise which set of wheels are in the bike and register the pressures as normal.

Back
Top Bottom