In Search of a Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to see an R6 model on an 06 plate with 18,000miles showing@CMC Nottingham The engine was very viby ticking over and it looked to need a new exhaust before too much longer The initial price was £4,500 but then they wanted to give me sfa for my CBR 500r whilst trying to stuff me with tyre insurance an expensive service plan and £100 document fee plus 13.9% finance Little wonder the showroom was devoid of customers :rolleyes:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB...d=192367470412&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

My Bucket list is dictating a Fireblade The question is which one:nenau

I'm liking the look of the under seat exhaust models say 2006/7
It needs to be as light as possible
Budget flexible but ideally around 5k
I'm negotiating on a 94 urban tiger, totally standard with 8k mileage 1 owner (£5k), my rr makes it feel like a chopper.

954 is best balanced blade in my rose tinted eyes. Which is why I'm buying a 893 rr r !

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

My Bucket list is dictating a Fireblade The question is which one:nenau

I'm liking the look of the under seat exhaust models say 2006/7
It needs to be as light as possible
Budget flexible but ideally around 5k

My forum name comes from my 929, which I bought new in 2001. It's a 2000 model which at the time I bought for a very reasonable price because Honda had brought loads of the them into the UK in 2000, and they didn't sell particularly well as the R1 was the nutters bike of choice.
As has been said, I think any of the blades has the potential to put a wide smile on your face (and lose your license if your not careful). Mine certainly still makes me smile. It's now done 25k, but since I've also owned the GS, I do find the GS is the go to bike, so the blade is probably only doing 600ish miles over summer.
I think your choice of the underseat 07 1000 is a good one - I particularly like them in the HRC colour scheme, and if anything were to happen to mine and I decided to replace it, that's what I would be looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom