My Bucket list is dictating a Fireblade The question is which one:nenau

I'm liking the look of the under seat exhaust models say 2006/7
It needs to be as light as possible
Budget flexible but ideally around 5k

Get a good 954.

Power of a modern gsxr750, in the weight of a gsxr600

Al

Me too.
I am specifically looking for an RR7 Repsol replica but it must be mint. I've been looking for the best part of 2 years now.

2006 model is far better than 2004/5 one if you are after an underseat exhaust model

Repsol is stunning.

Urban Tiger 918, might not be the first but is IMHO the "poster blade" it was a toss up between a 918 blade and a 7R....love the 7R but every time I see one for sale always wish I'd bought one, If I was to sell the 7R and get another sports bike the 918 would be it.

Plenty of 'stubbies' around for about 5k now. Immense engine, fantastic handling. Has to be the right colours though, like mine...

Attachments

• Fireblade 1.jpg
    Fireblade 1.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 432
My brain told me to do the same 11 yrs ago. Chopped my 2 yr old GS in for a 954. Astounding bike....but an hour was long enough...after that my wrists, shoulders, arse..... all ached like mad. Had it 3 months but couldn't bear it. Sort of glad I did it. Good luck in your search, must be a great time to buy a sports bike...the depths of winter.

I guess that just depends on how the bike suits your shape/flexibility etc. I'm quite happy riding mine over to the Nurburgring from home in a day, which isn't far short of 400 miles. Horses for courses...

...and age and previous injuries. I was living in la la land. :rolleyes: (Previously broken elbow, wrist and a knackered vertebrae...doh)

Cheers. If it isn't the classy black and gold, the white/red/blue HRC is an acceptable alternative, in my view. Never been entirely sure about the Repsol look on a 'civilian' machine, but a good job we're all different...

My mates Padget Rep

Attachments

• PADGET.jpg
    PADGET.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 422
If your going to get one 92 93 original was the game changer, even a fox eye
Every other fire blade was just a very good sports bike nothing special :hide

+1 ... Guy i know has a 95-96 Absolutley mint Blade for sale, totally original and owned from new

If you're going down the race rep paint job route, that's certainly a classy way of doing it. That Akrapovic could give the small person in the garden a bit of a shock if you were to start it unexpectedly.

I don't disagree with that. It's a question of deciding what your priorities are. If you want an iconic, cool machine to be proud of/be seen on, go early. If you want a devastatingly effective sportsbike for sensible money, with the bonus of the Fireblade name on the side, go late.

Surely every successive one was incrementally better than the "game-changer" ?

Surely every successive one was incrementally better than the "game-changer" ?

‘Better’ as far as taking a couple of hundredths of a second off a lap time probably, but on the road I don’t expect it would make a lot of difference as you can’t use the full potential anyway. All will, no doubt, give plenty of fun and enjoyment. Most will cost you money in the long run, but the odd one may actually make you a few quid. That is a win/win.

As I recall, the 929/954s are the lightest of the breed.
A good friend sold his minty mint low mileage 929 last year at about half your budget (after the usual lowball offers....)
A wonderful bike to ride and reasonably comfortable.

7656271b84ca4a2b288d49b381d11a8a.jpg
47f6cd6a22881dfed21fb53c8872548c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom