Location for a set of auxiliary lights?

RigsVille

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've a set of auxiliary lights to go onto my 2010 GS, but I was wondering what would be the best location to fit them?

Can I just mount them to the lower engine bars that I have fitted? or should I buy a bracket that allows them to be fitted higher up like the one from Migsel?

IMO having them lower down makes them both less visible in traffic and less useful for seeing your way. just below the beak on either side is the best position. You'll need a bracket but it can't be too hard to sort something out.

I have long range LED spots (wired to work with main beam) because the OEM main beam is so rubbish. They have LED halo rings around which give good daylight visibility. Dip beam with a decent quality LED bulb is more than good enough (though it's crap with a halogen bulb).

Anybody know if the rugged roads light bar will fit with Les Wassall’s Hid setup ?

You just need somewhere to fasten his HID ballast blocks. You can use his carrier plate or you can zip tie them to the beak inner frame. Be careful to avoid the oil pipes (hot).

No worries.
The issue can be attached cable lengths. Les has enough to reach his ballasts when they are under the oil cooler on his mounting frame.
Personally I did not like the option because it put everything right into rain and water spray (though water was never a problem). Also the bracket will rattle against the GSA crashbar frame.
Maybe I had the wrong bracket.
I’ve since gone to LED bulbs which also have electronic boxes. These fit neatly inside the beak frame. Take off the beak plastic for access.
Les’s ballasts should do the same. You will need to check ideally with the beak removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom