A M S Motorcycles

On the road price I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we have a handful of these pre-registered 390's left @ £3099. See you on Saturday, we are open 8:30 - 2:30 this Saturday.

No you won't! :augie

That's because I called in on my way down to Devon this afternoon instead and ordered a new 390 Duke! :thumb2.
I must say, my second visit was a complete transformation on the first. Brilliant. :clap. Happy salesman ( who's name I have shamefully forgotten , sorry ) was superb! I even ordered some heated grips and hand guards to be fitted before I collect on the 23rd. Paid in full, drove off down the M5 with a smile on my fat face. Exactly how it should be. :thumb2.
Thank you.

I did mention about the £100 store credit you offered but you weren't there to confirm it! :blast
Maybe that could go towards a tail tidy? :bow

No you won't! :augie

That's because I called in on my way down to Devon this afternoon instead and ordered a new 390 Duke! :thumb2.
I must say, my second visit was a complete transformation on the first. Brilliant. :clap. Happy salesman ( who's name I have shamefully forgotten , sorry ) was superb! I even ordered some heated grips and hand guards to be fitted before I collect on the 23rd. Paid in full, drove off down the M5 with a smile on my fat face. Exactly how it should be. :thumb2.
Thank you.

I did mention about the £100 store credit you offered but you weren't there to confirm it! :blast
Maybe that could go towards a tail tidy? :bow

Glad to hear my colleagues looked after you in the way you should be. I can add a tail tidy to your order & credit the £100 against it, not a problem.

Many Thanks

James

Glad to hear my colleagues looked after you in the way you should be. I can add a tail tidy to your order & credit the £100 against it, not a problem.

Many Thanks

James

That's fantastic news! Thanks again.

I have checked back at the CCTV and there were 3 customers upstairs with 2 members of staff. The member off staff that walked passed you was on the way to the bathroom and hence never stopped, must have been urgent !

Again we apologise but I'm afraid something's we are caught out and can be short of staff, but we can't leave customers mid serving them it's not how we do business. You were noted as being downstairs, and when a member of staff was free and came down you had already left. If you had made a quick trip up the stairs you would have noticed all other members of staff were busy and mid conversation, myself being one.

Again we apologise, but don't fee it's appropriate to be called wa****s !

As a gesture of goodwill I will offer a £100 store credit on top of either the 390/690 offering for you to make a return trip.

You cannot get fairer than that, 👍 To AMS. I'm not sure I would have been so accomadating if I'd been called a W****r.
Andrew

So are we only allowed to put glowing reports on dealerships then? If people have a crap time in a dealership (as I did the first time no matter who they are ) should we keep our gobs shut? I don't / won't. I only buy off sites on eBay that have almost perfect feedback.
As it turned out my second visit to the dealer in question couldn't have been any better! Superb service. Which resulted in me buying a brand new bike there and then. Not sure what went wrong the first time but as it would appear it was a one off.
I listened to others views on here about them and the dealers reply to my "rant". I went back two weeks later and did the deal. In the future if I want another KTM of any shape or form I will have no hesitation in calling them first. Ok.

Timely for me finding this thread.

My 690 has died and I need to replace the pulser coil. As AMS are my 'local' dealer I called them to see if they had a flywheel puller. “Yes, in stock, can we post it to you?”. As I really needed to get the bike going I opted to drive there so I could do it the same day. For reasons unknown when I got there they didn’t have one in stock, but the workshop had one.

Parts chap went to see if I could borrow it overnight (it was 4pm and I would have had it back by 8am) but no go.

Two hours out of my working day and a fifty mile round trip. “Sorry about that that.” just doesn’t cut it.

We’re going to be buying 2 501's and 2 701's later this year. It sure as hell won’t be from AMS.

Timely for me finding this thread.

My 690 has died and I need to replace the pulser coil. As AMS are my 'local' dealer I called them to see if they had a flywheel puller. “Yes, in stock, can we post it to you?”. As I really needed to get the bike going I opted to drive there so I could do it the same day. For reasons unknown when I got there they didn’t have one in stock, but the workshop had one.

Parts chap went to see if I could borrow it overnight (it was 4pm and I would have had it back by 8am) but no go.

Two hours out of my working day and a fifty mile round trip. “Sorry about that that.” just doesn’t cut it.

We’re going to be buying 2 501's and 2 701's later this year. It sure as hell won’t be from AMS.

Sorry Dansin about your experience, I'm afraid we don't offer a tool hire service. We did however offer to remove the flywheel for you within our workshop for the cost of the appropriate time taken.

Sorry if you felt this was not enough.

The offer is there if you would like this to be done.

Kind Regards,

James @ AMS

Sorry Dansin about your experience, I'm afraid we don't offer a tool hire service. We did however offer to remove the flywheel for you within our workshop for the cost of the appropriate time taken.

I do understand not lending out tools, I suppose it depends if it was your only one, perhaps you could of charged him for a new one and lent one of yours on the basis when he brings it back he gets the new one, and if you never see him again he has paid new price for a used one.

Assuming you only had the one I see the risk of him not re-appearing the following morning could cause chaos for you and other customers, however...

Having wasted a couple of hours of the Fellas time and cost him a 50 mile round trip, with him needing to do another 50 mile round trip to pick up the bike and bring it back for you to do I would of thought offering the 5 minutes of one of your guys time it would take to pull his flywheel would be more appropriate.

You seem to value your time a lot more than that of your customers, 5 minutes of free workshop time might have got you two new bike sales and saved you the wrath of the internet keyboard warrior ;-)

I would have rather have bought the tool that I was told on the phone was there. It was the parts chap who offered to see if I could use the workshop tool, not me asking. Anyway, life’s too short and the bike is now fixed.

Here we go again......... customer service slipping :nenau

I’ve now had the little 390 Duke ( superb bike by the way ) for 13 months now. I started it up last weekend and there was a warning light on the dash which turned out to be the 12 month service reminder. Ok. Give AMS a call today, got put through to the service dept. All going well so far. Spoke to some chap and I tell him there’s only 257 miles on the clock and I’ve only ridden it 5 times in total. He takes my name and number saying he’ll speak to the service manager and he will give me a call straight back............................

Let’s see how long it takes.................

Now I could take it to my local KTM dealer in Norwich but I know the owner too well after dealing with him in the BSB paddock. Not gonna happen. Ever.

Next closest is KTM Peterborough. Maybe I’ll try them tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Shame really.

Here we go again......... customer service slipping :nenau

I’ve now had the little 390 Duke ( superb bike by the way ) for 13 months now. I started it up last weekend and there was a warning light on the dash which turned out to be the 12 month service reminder. Ok. Give AMS a call today, got put through to the service dept. All going well so far. Spoke to some chap and I tell him there’s only 257 miles on the clock and I’ve only ridden it 5 times in total. He takes my name and number saying he’ll speak to the service manager and he will give me a call straight back............................

Let’s see how long it takes.................

Now I could take it to my local KTM dealer in Norwich but I know the owner too well after dealing with him in the BSB paddock. Not gonna happen. Ever.

Next closest is KTM Peterborough. Maybe I’ll try them tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Shame really.

Why didn't you just book it in? You have already answered your own question by saying the service light is because 12 months has passed. What question is being asked of the manager? Surely you have a manual that explains that a service is scheduled at a mileage interval or 12 months? Presumably there is a warranty on the bike for another 12 months so you need to get the bike serviced to comply with the warranty. You could do the service yourself and the warranty remain valid if you use genuine parts.

I don't judge a dealer's service standards just by the timeliness of the person answering the phone. In fact I prefer to use email so that the respondent will reply to my query when they have time, not when they are trying to answer 27 phone calls from overly anxious or picky customers. Remember, the customer dealer relationship is a 2 way process. The boss may have given the chap an instruction not to bother contacting you as you are not very good value as a customer...

It wasn’t booked in because of the low mileage! The lad I spoke to was going to check with the service manager whether to wait till the 650 running in miles has been done or go by the 12 months is up before booking it in. It’s very easy. It would’ve taken him 30 seconds to find out the procedure with a new bike of such low mileage.
So according to you someone who buys a brand new bike a year ago and tries to book it in for its first service isn’t a good value customer? How do you work that out then?
I’m trying to give the dealer repeat business and travelling from Norfolk to Tewksbury to get the job done. I have to drive past many other KTM dealers who I’m sure will happily do the job.

The procedure with such a low mileage 12 month old bike is to book it in for an annual service.
The chap that took your call should know that but maybe he’s new. Sometimes you have to give someone the benefit of the doubt and call again.

Good luck.

The procedure with such a low mileage 12 month old bike is to book it in for an annual service.

Sounds about right.

Not sure why the dude answering the phone thought this needed escalating to a manager, the annual service is clearly due.

Normally you are expect to do this within a reasonable time frame, at 257 mile per year I cannot see them wanting to wait until you clock up 650 miles as by then you will be doing the 12 month service at 26 months....

...unless your plan is to ride another years mileage in a few days, in which case I would of booked it in for the 650 / annual service and gone for a long ride!

It wasn’t booked in because of the low mileage! The lad I spoke to was going to check with the service manager whether to wait till the 650 running in miles has been done or go by the 12 months is up before booking it in. It’s very easy. It would’ve taken him 30 seconds to find out the procedure with a new bike of such low mileage.
So according to you someone who buys a brand new bike a year ago and tries to book it in for its first service isn’t a good value customer? How do you work that out then?
I’m trying to give the dealer repeat business and travelling from Norfolk to Tewksbury to get the job done. I have to drive past many other KTM dealers who I’m sure will happily do the job.

Have you ever thought that the dealership had to check with KTMUK to confirm the best way forward to maintain the warranty.

The decision to require the service to be completed immediately or whether it could be delayed to the 600 miles could well be at the discretion of KTM and not the dealership.

I am sure if the dealership had got it wrong you would be the first to complain if a warranty repair was disallowed due to incorrect service intervals

Well it still shouldn’t take 3 days should it!

Back
Top Bottom