Regatta Great Outdoors.

Thread: Inflatable Family tent 6-8 person

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Inflatable Family tent 6-8 person

Will be looking to buy a large inflatable family tent for next year - any real life experience? Recommendations?

Thanks

T

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I am biased because I am UK sales for this brand, but they are The Best tents you can get.

https://zempire.co.uk

This is new for 2018, there isn’t a better spec’d polyester tent in the world.

https://www.campingworld.co.uk/en/Ze...8/m-21367.aspx

Let me know if you want any info, I can get you a deal on these or any of the tents at camping world.

To me, they are heavy, at risk of punctures and seem like a "solution looking for a problem"..... but I shouldn't comment as I haven't actually tried them.
    I'm simply replying, because my neighbour bought one from Go-outdoors ( Horizon 6 ) and he is very pleased with it ... he raves about it !

Thank you - let me have a look and I'll be in touch....

Quote Originally Posted by diplomaticdanny View Post
    I am biased because I am UK sales for this brand, but they are The Best tents you can get.

https://zempire.co.uk

This is new for 2018, there isn’t a better spec’d polyester tent in the world.

https://www.campingworld.co.uk/en/Ze...8/m-21367.aspx

Let me know if you want any info, I can get you a deal on these or any of the tents at camping world.

we have had more family rows based upon tent erection then any other subject.....I'm hoping this is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    To me, they are heavy, at risk of punctures and seem like a "solution looking for a problem"..... but I shouldn't comment as I haven't actually tried them.
    I'm simply replying, because my neighbour bought one from Go-outdoors ( Horizon 6 ) and he is very pleased with it ... he raves about it !

le jeu des treize Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
    we have had more family rows based upon tent erection then any other subject.....I'm hoping this is the answer.
    Your biggest mistake is interfering.
    You should be letting your missus put the tent up, while you crack a cold one and sit watching in a deck chair. That'll sort it.
    'Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men". Douglas Bader

Do you know Ballistic from here?

We were in the Langdales with him last year, a large cotton one was pitched next to him and he was very interested.

Roll forward to the same place this year, he'd bought one and very happy with it he was!

I'd been interested in them for a few years but never seen one in real life. Seeing his and the 10 pissheads round the table after last orders convinced me they were a good thing. So I bought this for two of us, ostensibly a 6 person but think that number would be a bit cramped! Yes they are both heavy and expensive, but after over half century of camping owning prob 12+ tents I think this has to be my best buy ever. Previous faves were a superlight Westwind backpacking tent and lately a Khyam quick erect (arguably 6 berth). Not forgetting at 6' 5" I can stand upright in most of it. It's "strong and stable" (where have I heard that before?). Very robust material with no scaredy little girls fears of punctures (whether by Muslims or not ).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01709R6...740111_TE_item

And below Mr K assists Ballistic with his erection at Dent Beer Fest
    Attached Images Attached Images  

These are two of the best ones we do, the canvas one is £4000 though.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Having used all sorts of large tents from Tipi to framed etc etc I bought a Vango Airbeam. Superb tents and easy to put up in minutes and pack away! Once of the best purchases this year but make sure you have a gauge and keep them at the lower setting as they increase pressure as it gets hot. Lower pressure is still rock solid

How do you get in and out without letting all the air out?

We have a Vango Air Awning on out caravan. (520Kalari). Brilliant piece of kit, but be warned......... Vango are having issues with UV degredation. Ours is one season old and is already looking faded. It's been up for a total of 8 weeks.
    Others have complained to Vango, who will not accept warranty claims concerning UV damage........ Which is piss poor considering they are supposed to be used outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by dean0n0 View Post
    How do you get in and out without letting all the air out?
    You open and close the door very quickly. JJH

Quote Originally Posted by Gargy View Post
    We have a Vango Air Awning on out caravan. (520Kalari). Brilliant piece of kit, but be warned......... Vango are having issues with UV degredation. Ours is one season old and is already looking faded. It's been up for a total of 8 weeks.
    Others have complained to Vango, who will not accept warranty claims concerning UV damage........ Which is piss poor considering they are supposed to be used outdoors.
    At least pole failure is another Vango problem you need not worry about.

I ain't got no stinkin' visa! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Yes, as Nigel (Spike418) says, I'm extremely pleased with this tent. It's a Vango Solace 400 with porch extension.. gives an amazing amount of usable space inside in case of bad weather, or after-hours 'entertaining'

When I saw this model at Langdale last year, I immediately fell in love with it and had a really good chat with it's owner. He had initially bought the same model, but the poly-whatsit version, which he said suffered with condensation.. as any poly-w tents do. Although it was much more expensive, he loved the design/layout of the tent so much that he sold that one and bought the canvas version.. which doesn't suffer from condensation because it breathes, but is still 100% waterproof etc.

I was very lucky.. I managed to buy a canvas one at almost half-price (advertised on Gumtree) from a couple who had bought the tent and extension, but had never actually used it in anger.. the husband had an accident which meant he couldn't bend his back, so camping was out!
    I'll be using it again at Langdale this New Year, and I can't wait

ballistic

5 berth Vango Odyssey https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M1Y0GXW?tag=ho01f-21 if you've got prime.

Buy two!