testing ABS function

Benhur Malta

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dear All,

My other ABS equipped bikes have a routine which i can use to check whether the ABS is functioning well and to "exercise" it. Does the 1150gs have anything similar?

All lights function as should be and I can hear clicks from under the seat area, presumably from the various relays when the lights switch off....but I have never felt the ABS kick into action (I dont drive that aggressively)

R.

Rear brake is very easy to lock up and test. The front does take a bit more bottle but is worth checking. When the front ABS kicks in you might be surprised how long the brakes switch off for when the wheel locks. Caught me out a few times coming up the the rear end of cars and stopping four foot further down the road than where I intended to. From what I hear there are plenty of slippy roads in Malta to try it out on.

our Roads and the natural territory of adventure bikes like the GS...plenty of pot holes and rough terrain to play on :)

so its just a question of locking her up then!!!

Rear brake is very easy to lock up and test. The front does take a bit more bottle but is worth checking. When the front ABS kicks in you might be surprised how long the brakes switch off for when the wheel locks. Caught me out a few times coming up the the rear end of cars and stopping four foot further down the road than where I intended to. From what I hear there are plenty of slippy roads in Malta to try it out on.

Had 1100RS went on a BMW course, worked up to 70 mph with abs on front wheel, kinhell was it ever going to stop
It’s now 2 finger stoping on the LC

Back
Top Bottom