MCN Review - worth a read

Thanks I am sure a lot of people will find that useful.

I have not looked at new GS prices for years and was slightly staggered at a price north of £16,000..:eek:

MCN have been sucking off Stephan Schaller for years. Don't get me wrong, it's a business arrangement I'm sure and these days you have to do what you have to to keep ahead of the game, so I salute them for that, even if they are a fickle bunch.

Its nothing more than a RAG that promotes whatever entity is paying top dollar in any given month. Wouldnt wipe my arse with a copy of it.

the Beano is a far better read than MCN

Better review in latest Bike,but of the new GSA.

He quite likes it but says

ba7969b6c9cf8da7cbef76038cd758f7.jpg

I’m amazed BMW still don’t have illuminated switches and cornering lights,especially given the inflated prices they now charge, but I suppose most Costas as mainly open in daylight hours.

No doubt the new model will have,as they always seem to be playing catch up with the class leader.

Reading the article - So technically he had only one issue - which can be fixed at hilltop. No other issue? That gives it a full score ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I went through 5 years of hating the GS after having the normal issues of unreliability, but always had a nagging feeling I was missing out . Now I’ve got the Rallye I realise i was . There’s definitely something about it that makes it a real grin bike .

You can buy LED spots, indicators, cornering lights wiring kits on eBay. OTT bling that most likely won’t work with canbus but what fun to be had clipping it neatly every 30mm down the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reading the article - he had only one issue - which can be fixed at hilltop. No other issue? That gives it a full score ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nah,I don’t think Geoff is a bike designer so you’ll have to wait till 2019 at least for BMW to offer a product on a par with KTM and Triumph,though it will always lack power whilst they stick to the Boxer format.

20 Grand ? For a bike ??

Run that by me again, I must have heard you wrong.....

Having owned two bikes with cornering lights, I would venture that the current GS is up there with the best for high quality night time riding lights without the need for upgrading.

Having owned two bikes with cornering lights, I would venture that the current GS is up there with the best for high quality night time riding lights without the need for upgrading.

Agreed.:beerjug:

I was going to post that the GS LED is utterly brilliant. ( But didnt bother because I didnt want to get into the usual KTM v GS spat.) ( Some of us love both bikes)
I cant see the need for cornering lights, if you pay for the BMW LED the spead is sufficient.

Owned 06 R1, cornering lights good. Superduke GT very good.
But Multistrada 2013 very good. GS with led very good.

Just a none issue with good quality bright lights. Another example of people being suckered by marketing hype.

Back
Top Bottom