Decat and new exhaust

Cyclistbruce

Reaction score
Before I commit any of my hard earnt to a decat y pipe and new exhaust form Black Widow. Any advice from the collective on possible pitfalls/advantages of removing the cat?

I ran my 1150 for first 20,000 miles with standard silencer, then about 70,000 miles with no silencer, and for past 40,000 miles with a Black Widow y piece and silencer - bike has run fine with whatever set up, but final set up (along with one of John Gemi’s Stage 8 chips) has made bike most responsive.

can I hijack the thread for a second....

do i see correctly that the y piece somehow is an attachment point for the centre stand?. if that is the case, do the Y pieces available for sale also duplicate this function?

R.

No part of the exhaust system is an attachment point fir the centrestand - both the original cat and y pieces have a metal piece which acts as a stop for the centrestand when it is up.

If yer know someone with a welder and time. I cut open the collector box top and opened the internal Y piece in the box, most of the ex gas went straight out the exhaust jobs a good un and about 2 hrs time ( need a TIG welder though)
HTHY

Back
Top Bottom