Tour de Yorkshire 2018

Deleted account Cooperman

Reaction score
Looks like they have put together some great routes.

Tour-de-Yorkshire-2018-route-map.jpg

TdY-2018-stage-one-map.jpg

TdY-2018-stage-two-map.jpg

TdY-2018-stage-three-map.jpg

TdY-2018-stage-four-map.jpg

This last one looks a tad tough!

It’s coming back to Haworth and past the end of my street this time :cool:

Goes right passed my in-laws farm on Day 1:D

Kettlewell to Middleham, has a good offroad access point too;) (beat the crowds)

I'm fortunate enough to be involved in this great event each year.

The Tour de Yorkshire cycle race presents a wonderful opportunity to witness the delights of Yorkshire ... and from a different perspective.

It's quite breathtaking to see such huge, friendly numbers of public lining the route as we pass by. Folk & families enjoying the moment and having fun!

Pretty much 'wall to wall' in most towns, villages and other tough / key points (sprints or hill sections).

Most villages & towns are decked out carnival style. An amazing amount of effort clearly goes into it. Music pumping out... & oh, that tempting smell of barbeque wafting through is always a tough one. Brilliant!

The 2018 race (3 to 6 May) will be an absolute cracker, particularly with the increased number of stages for both the men's & women's races.

If you're in the area - check it out!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Brilliant event and well organised, followed it all last year, booked digs along route for next year

Thank F*&K they're not coming to Harrogate this year:clap:clap:clap:clap....Lycra warriors causing havoc on the roads for bugger all...:mad:

Yep....it may well be a great event BUT the all year round lycra warriors that ride two and three abreast on some on the country's narrowest roads need to be held responsible for the mayhem they cause!! and while I'm ranting....Although I'm sure the event does bring some financial benefits for some, it also brings most of the "flask and sandwich brigade" that set up camp at the side of the road.....humbug.....Humbug.....HUMBUG

OH and looking at stage 4, one of the great roads in the Dales will now be spoilt forever by AGAIN all year round riders practising :blast

I did the associated Sportive this year & the parking arrangements were laughable.
I'd like to do next years as it took us through some wonderful scenery & challenging climbs at the end but on the basis of last years parking farce I'm unlikely to bother.

That said I hope the whole TDY event goes well for everyone involved & they all have a brilliant time.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom