Thread: F700 GS Tyres ?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

F700 GS Tyres ?

What tyres are folk using on their 700/800 GS please ?

I am looking for something 70% road, 25 % loose stuff and any recommendations will be gratefully received as this will be my first Adventure type bike.

TIA

Not sure what I will be doing the other 5% of the riding...

Continental Trail Attack , Anakee3, Dunlop Trailmax or Avon trail rider... (The only ones I'm not keen on were the Pirelli Scorpion Trail.....)

Thank you for the recommendations.

Both of the bikes I am considering purchasing are currently shod with Battle Wings that do not inspire me by looks alone for anything other than dry tarmac !

Judging a tyre by looks alone is not really the best way. If it’s any help I’ve had 2 sets. First set I didn’t get on with at all. Second set was totally different. Why did I go for set no? Simple - price. There are postings on here from people who love them and people who slate them. Only conclusion I can think of is that there was a bad batch. I’m not a brilliant rider or anything like that so maby you should take my report with a pinch of salt. Now on tourence. Why? M&p price. JJH

I have been using Tourance Next for about 50000kms but recently switched to a TKC70 on the front. About 5000km in it has been a great tyre, not used much in the rain so far with our spring and summer being drier than usual but has been terrific in gravel. I’ll be putting one on the back as soon as the Next is worn enough to justify getting rid of it

I guess I am just going to have to see how I get on with them and seek advice at a later date as to changing brands.

Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbray
    Tkc70
    overland and classic