Carole Nash Change of Bike

Eng

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:mad:

Been with CN for a number of years and always had to fight for renewal prices. I used to change bikes 3/4 times a year but now sometimes not at all during the year. Anyway I applied to do a change of vehicle and they wanted £40 ADMIN fee!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a third of the cost of the policy FFS. I asked to speak to supervisor and asked for a loyalty good will but they wouldn't budge.
I told them to stick it up their backside and I'll sort something else.
Since when did CN charge £40 to change vehicle? Used to be £25 that was negotiable for frequent changers.
Anyone else have insurance that doesn't charge admin fees?
Andy B
:thumb2

BeMoto

Doh! just seen the other threads about BeMoto. I'll have a look.

Welcome to 2005.

Frequent bike changers are great. Your admin fees help keep the premiums down to attract new business for customers like me, who keep their bikes for longer :p

I have just renewed my insurance. I usually change my bike each year and have a private plate on it. My previous insurer wanted £40 for each policy alteration which seems to be the going rate.

I usually try and combine the change of bike and registration to take place at the same time. The DVLA sometimes causes me a problem and then I have 2 x £40.

I took a policy out with Bemoto and will not be facing those charges. The cheapest quote I got was £40 less than Bemoto.

The person I spoke with was a biker and tailored the policy to suit my needs. I was happy to do business with them.

I have no connection with them and only contacted them after seeing them mentioned on this site.

Doh! just seen the other threads about BeMoto. I'll have a look.

Carole Nash when it was actually still owned by Carole was brilliant to deal with , I never used to get charged for changing bike details , prices never used to vary by a great deal each year and they never used to try to rip you off at annual renewal time.

Over the years since the buy out by Groupma they have become less pleasant to deal with , each year they try to hit you with ridiculous premium hikes and as I found out a year or two back when a call centre Minion mistakenly quoted me the minimum premium costs as dictated by the insurance company itself (which was half of what CN originally wanted) they really are becoming a bunch of usurers .

Compounded in September when I bought the new bike and got stuffed for an extra £120 odd (for 6 months ) for a lower spec bike with a few factory extras fitted because in their words my insurer says a basic model with factory options is a greater risk of theft and damage (they said if I had replaced my last 35 month old TE with an identical brand new TE It would have only cost £40 to change bikes ) . Since been confirmed with the actual insurance company that a lower spec bike even with factory extras should not merit a larger premium than a higher spec model

Back
Top Bottom