ABS, ASC, ESA or just ABS ??

Carpscar

Reaction score
Ok, I have narrowed my choice down to two bikes that are local to me and they are the same age (2013 ) F700GS, the cleaner, tidier looking bike ( almost mint ) with not a lot of extras has just the ABS and the other one has ABS,ASC and ESA and all of the bolt on bits I.E crash bars, top box, panniers, bashplate etc but looks a little tired.

I suppose my question is, would I as a novice GSer notice the lack of the ASC and ESA in my everyday riding ?

TIA

I wouldn’t be too bothered with esa. Asc is a boon on winter roads. However on the f700 you might not trouble the asc that much. I have had it on a few bikes and notice the light coming on every now ant then. Does it need to come on or is it been over protective? Who cares. I know of one occasion when it definitely proved it’s worth. Back to your 2 bikes. Do you really want a negelected tired looking bike? I think there’s plenty out there. JJH

Thank you very much for your input on both of my questions. I have settled on the tidy looking bike with just the ABS and will have to save my pennies and stay on the road only until I can afford bash plate, brush guards etc.

I wouldn’t be too bothered with esa. Asc is a boon on winter roads. However on the f700 you might not trouble the asc that much. I have had it on a few bikes and notice the light coming on every now ant then.
\

Saved your butt every time!

Even 70 HP can put you in a wheelchair .....if , for example, the wheel spins up on a white line for example whilst undertaking a greasy overtake.

For heaven's sake.... Forget the farkles and get a bike with ASC too. It could save your life. Its saved mine I'm sure ...

There really are hundreds of unsold bikes ... and especially being a buyer in December, you should only choose the highly specced ones.

Think about how it will look when you come to sell too, perhaps in a couple of years ... THINK . " what will buyers be looking for ?"

Having never ridden a bike with ESA or ASC, I figure I will never miss it.

As much as it may be a nice option when re-selling, and possibly a joy to use, I have opted for the tidier of the two bikes and purchased it.

Only time will tell if I regret it.

I think you’ll be fine without ASC. IME it’s slow to react. Take a junction right turn on slippery salt and the ASC won’t kick in before you’ve over cooked it.

The ESA is nice for changing damper settings. The ride height is so rarely needed it’s no biggie to do manually.

\

Saved your butt every time!

Even 70 HP can put you in a wheelchair .....if , for example, the wheel spins up on a white line for example whilst undertaking a greasy overtake.

For heaven's sake.... Forget the farkles and get a bike with ASC too. It could save your life. Its saved mine I'm sure ...

There really are hundreds of unsold bikes ... and especially being a buyer in December, you should only choose the highly specced ones.

Think about how it will look when you come to sell too, perhaps in a couple of years ... THINK . " what will buyers be looking for ?"

Hardly. Otherwise I’d be on my arse many more times before asc came along. Had a few moments though. Asc can err a bit on the safer side. JJH

I would go for non ESA and asc. The ESA on the F700 is only basic so you will need to change the suspension manually when changing loads even with ESA. Never had my asc kick in once when I had my F800 so I'm not sure it's necessary.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom