Magni MB2

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Interesting one for sale at the moment on Motorworks E bay website (ref 13223975754950) a BMW r100 Magni MB2 with 134 miles from new, can't be many of these about

Attachments

• magni.jpg
    magni.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 1,441
Well, you live and learn. Never even heard of this derivation.........I quite like it!

They bought it at Stafford auction a couple of months ago. Failed to sell on eBay last time, I think it got to £8k+. Still an interesting bike.

£8,000 for an ugly bike that is probably, far less of a sorted bike than many in this pub build and far superior mechanically too. It is different though. Its trump card but not to my taste. Trolls, please don't turn this into a 10 pager just because I don't have the same opinion as you.;)

£8,000 for an ugly bike that is probably, far less of a sorted bike than many in this pub build and far superior mechanically too. It is different though. Its trump card but not to my taste. Trolls, please don't turn this into a 10 pager just because I don't have the same opinion as you.;)

I'm with you re the looks :barf ( but in the bikes defence it is from the 80's :hogroast

1980's Motorcycles, some nice ones here
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1...2z84LYAhUHCMAKHamHAc8QsAQILQ&biw=1366&bih=637

Sweet dreams. :D

You probably wont scroll down as much as I did so will have missed this.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1...sAQILQ&biw=1366&bih=637#imgrc=M8leM3U6t6SuZM:

Not my favorite bike of all but one of the simplest nice colour schemes I have seen. Each to his own, beauty in

the eye of the beholder and all of those other cliches (spelt wrong but, you know what I mean, I don't speak french) but it is nice. :thumb

Edit: I've just opened the second reference and it is the same as the first but, if you keep scrolling down on the second one, a large picture of the GS will appear on your screen. I'm crap with computers :blast

They are. Those nightmares I DO remember.....:blast

Lester wheels looked quite smart when they were fitted to a T140D :thumb2

Triumph%20Bonneville%20T140D%2079%20%202.jpg

Lester wheels looked quite smart when they were fitted to a T140D :thumb2

Triumph%20Bonneville%20T140D%2079%20%202.jpg

Agreed re the looks, but it is the quality I was referring to.........shocking to say the least. Cracks galore, very poor assembly and quality control, and if I remember right I think Lester were pretty much sued out of existence...

Mmmm. I’ve had Lester wheels on my r100/7 for over 100,000 Miles. I had replacement bearings fitted in the late 1980’s by my local dealer (Slocombes) and have had no trouble with them. Now I am now using them on my r100rt. By the recent comments made I must have had ones that weren’t built on a Friday or I’ve been lucky.

Back
Top Bottom