Email location Tracker system given up the ghost

Garmin response:

After review, it has been determined that the issue with the tracker app not working with legacy devices will not be resolved due to the age of the devices. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

No comments..
It's definitely my last Garmin device.

You may just sent a polite email, stating sorry for the inconvenience that I bought your article specially for this option, that you never supplied, so would like a NAV6 in exchange, you can only but try.

Garmin response:

After review, it has been determined that the issue with the tracker app not working with legacy devices will not be resolved due to the age of the devices. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

No comments..
It's definitely my last Garmin device.

Agreed - point for us all to note - buy Garmin and be prepared to loose the functions you paid for over time. Very poor on a product launched 4 years ago.

I've made a mistake and bought Nav6... Tracker still doesn't work.

Garmin response:
Yes, we are aware of this issue and currently working to resolve it. I have added you to the list of other BMW Navigator VI customer's having this issue. When we have a resolution we will reach out to you directly. This resolution may take a longer period of time than usual as we have to work with BWM directly to resolve this. Unfortunately I could not provide an estimate. It could be many months before the issue is resolved. We do not have a timeline for this as it wasn't an expected issue.

No comments. 6 months and counting. I've sent it to BMW, but i do not hope for any response

This resolution may take a longer period of time than usual as we have to work with BWM directly to resolve this. Unfortunately I could not provide an estimate. The device could be listed as unsupported before the issue is resolved

Fixed the response :D

It's misleading the consumer. It's forbidden.

Oh dear God.

Just find another way to tell people where you are. It's a feckin' - really very good - GPS device, that sadly seems to have morphed into some sort of Do-it-all funtertainment box of widgits that half the bloody world (who demand all this shite) now seems to struggle using or finds fault with. Either it's their phones not working or the music not playing or it's the bloody third party software they insist on using sending them around in circles and now it's the damned email location sender.

If it's so bad and such an infringement of international law (Polish style) demand a full refund with damages of whoever sold it to you and buy a map. Or throw it out of whichever window you like to chose.

Last edited:
At the point this stopped working my Nav5 was 2.5 years old. I bought it for various functions but this was a key seller to me. Various people on here say do it a different way, get your phone out, have tracking always on on your phone etc etc. For me I link to have the option and be able todo so via a bike mounted, waterproof, glove compatible device. I think is pretty poor for Garmin to give up on this when it was a key selling point for the device. From what Aberdeen Angus is saying sounds like TomTom have done the same of selling something and then shutting it down. So in summary - if you want this kind of solution in a easy access method - it looks like its gonna have to be a phone mount/weatherproofing etc etc.

I would be interested if any legal eagles are on here how the Sale of Goods act would be played with Garmin and TomTom selling functions and after a couple of years shutting them down though? If you bought a car and started loosing functions from your sat nav or modern dash I expect it would get fixed before a crowd of people got together to claim some form of compensation for the removal/loss of functions.

I would be interested if any legal eagles are on here how the Sale of Goods act would be played with Garmin and TomTom selling functions and after a couple of years shutting them down though?

If you are really that bothered you'll consult a solicitor.

I think is pretty poor for Garmin to give up on this when it was a key selling point for the device. From what Aberdeen Angus is saying sounds like TomTom have done the same of selling something and then shutting it down. So in summary - if you want this kind of solution in a easy access method - it looks like its gonna have to be a phone mount/weatherproofing etc etc.

The requirement to have a running server to tack the various users whilst recieveing little or no income probably helped decide the issue.As for your phone you can have it in a waterprrof bag in your pocket and it will be tracked via GPS or Mobile antenna data i.e. If you use Google applications on your mobile and allow access you or someone with access, can view live and historical tracking on your Google account unless you have actualy selected to disable it.

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6258979?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3118687?hl=en

13952c4c1a5e758d24e534d92b5d1db2.png

The requirement to have a running server to tack the various users whilst recieveing little or no income probably helped decide the issue.As for your phone you can have it in a waterprrof bag in your pocket and it will be tracked via GPS or Mobile antenna data i.e. If you use Google applications on your mobile and allow access you or someone with access, can view live and historical tracking on your Google account unless you have actualy selected to disable it.

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6258979?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3118687?hl=en

13952c4c1a5e758d24e534d92b5d1db2.png

Totally agree - but Garmin charge you for this service when they sell you the device (I did not hold a gun to their head, they designed the offering and marketed it to lure in the cash). You can buy a much cheaper sat nav without this and other functions.

Back
Top Bottom