Email location Tracker system given up the ghost

rjsmith26

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems?

Running 3.40 on a BMW Nav5 with Garmin Smart Link on Iphone.

Nav connects to the phone fine by bluetooth.

Also allows email invitation to be sent to email address.

Email is received, but when you click on the link - it takes you to a Garmin Track and Locate page but with no map / no tracking details.

Have tried deleting the bluetooth pairing between Nav and Iphone, but still same problem.

Its almost like the web service which displays map with your id/token on it has changed and Garmin have forgotten to update the url link which is embedded in the email.

Are other having same problems? have a fix? TIA

Same here :(

I've already tested factory reset. It doens't help.
There are some errors on the webpage. Probably Garmin has to correct this.

Code:
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Uncaught TypeError: MM.Point is not a constructor
Uncaught TypeError: Map.init is not a function
Uncaught TypeError: Map.addEvent is not a function[/COLOR]

I've sent an e-mail to support and you should do the same

Thanks ladzior

Will do - to me the url link in the email being sent from the device is where the fault is as the invite gets sent but the link in email does not load correctly.

Maybe some Navigator VI user can help us?

If it works properly for VI - older V needs firmware upgrade. In my opinion it's not going to happen... :(

If it doesn't - there's hope

There is a thread running on another forum, where a user has a Nav VI, he is reporting the same issue

There is a thread running on another forum, where a user has a Nav VI, he is reporting the same issue
Support response:

We do apologize and it is a known issue affecting all BMW Nav V customers. I have added you to the case file and once it is resolved you will be contacted via email.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5X przy użyciu Tapatalka

It allows you to send your location via email to somebody.

Wow, what will they think of next?! A machine to type a telegram? Pigeon in the top box? :D

Surely they're not really using resource on trying to fix that when everyone has a smart phone?

“I am in Tesco’s car park” sent as a text or even shouted very loudly, would seem to work.

Garmin response:

After review, it has been determined that the issue with the tracker app not working with legacy devices will not be resolved due to the age of the devices. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

No comments..
It's definitely my last Garmin device.

Back
Top Bottom