Custom BMW r1150GSA

markkfletcher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Spotted this was a really nice custom BMW r1150GSA today.
Nice decals and respray, lovely seat. I have a feeling it may be an SE. Well looked after, but looks like it is being ridden, yet only 22,000 miles. Does it belong to anyone here?

tumblr_p10e0z9WCq1qzj0t3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p10e0z9WCq1qzj0t3o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p10e0z9WCq1qzj0t3o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p10e0z9WCq1qzj0t3o4_1280.jpg

Definitely not an SE as they were Matt paint and all had silver engines. Just a bodge job respray and some nastily recovered standard GS seats. Beak doesn't even match the tank :blast

Shed on wheels

It’s probably a work in progress but doesn’t do it for me. Especially don’t like the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I recognise the location. Margaret Street, nr Cavendish Sq? (I've been here too friggin long! Arghhhhh).

Having said goodbye to my 1150 just recently, I still think they look good, even the bodge-ups

Harsh words indeed '...Just a bodge job respray and some nastily recovered standard GS seats. Beak doesn't even match the tank...'.

Truth being i'm fed up with *uckers nicking my bikes in London so bought this 1150 (from this site) after my 1200 Adventure Iconic was nicked in Sept 2016 (number 54 if anybody tries to sell it to you). Nastily covered standard GS seat is actually a sargent seat which I had re-covered and stitched to match the iconic...It is in theory a work in progress but struggling to get around to having it resprayed and the truth is a scruffy well-used bike don't get nicked, and my insurance premiums have gone through the roof.

It's my 7th GS (the first being the best looking ever - a blue-white 1150GS) and actually enjoying immensely the lack of sophistication especially after owning the wizz, bang, fizz 1200 iconic.

Kinder words next time please!!!

Well said. I posted it because I think it is a nice looking bike, a bit out of the ordinary. I really like the iconic style colour scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harsh words indeed '...Just a bodge job respray and some nastily recovered standard GS seats. Beak doesn't even match the tank...'.

Truth being i'm fed up with *uckers nicking my bikes in London so bought this 1150 (from this site) after my 1200 Adventure Iconic was nicked in Sept 2016 (number 54 if anybody tries to sell it to you). Nastily covered standard GS seat is actually a sargent seat which I had re-covered and stitched to match the iconic...It is in theory a work in progress but struggling to get around to having it resprayed and the truth is a scruffy well-used bike don't get nicked, and my insurance premiums have gone through the roof.

It's my 7th GS (the first being the best looking ever - a blue-white 1150GS) and actually enjoying immensely the lack of sophistication especially after owning the wizz, bang, fizz 1200 iconic.

Hey don't worry, it's still better than ya 1200 ironic :D

I thing ya may very well be right...

I'm with you too... Way too much importance on the shiny tarts handbag jobs...�� looks like it would do the job and I too have tried the shiny new stuff and just had to lock it up more... Non of my bikes are a1 nickable except my old r100r... And that is laughable in itself...�� the rest are scruffy but are set up to ride as the should be...��

Looks good and most importantly it’s being used . A lot of guys on here seem to prefer polishing 🤠 so good on ya

MY NEW GSA - Whadda you think!!!

Looks good and most importantly it’s being used . A lot of guys on here seem to prefer polishing 🤠 so good on ya

Finally got around to repainting the GSA and here it is...a lot cleaner, unique and also i have decided to put it it up for sale...please see for sale / wanted...Tim

Attachments

• Puyp0l2wQbG9kutzLP3mCw.jpg
    Puyp0l2wQbG9kutzLP3mCw.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 424
  • Jw6KGF5pS8eFe6EavIp58A.jpg
    Jw6KGF5pS8eFe6EavIp58A.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 409
  • fullsizeoutput_1319.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1319.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 423
  • fullsizeoutput_1316.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1316.jpg