Ducati 250 Desmo Rebuild

So I've measured the piston at 15.84mm I can just get a .06mm feeler gauge in to the bore with the piston. So the bore is close to 15.9mm I'd guess.

So I've measured the piston at 15.84mm I can just get a .06mm feeler gauge in to the bore with the piston. So the bore is close to 15.9mm I'd guess.

If you need an accurate size and can wait a week I’ll post you some bore gauges up but you’ll still need a 0-25mm outside mic to use with them.

If you need an accurate size and can wait a week I’ll post you some bore gauges up but you’ll still need a 0-25mm outside mic to use with them.

Told you he was a clever bastard! :)

Meanwhile, still dreamin'

One up for sale for €3.5K! Nice, and three disk brakes to worry about ...

Regs

Simon

Ps forget those horrible white wheels, the originals were 'gold' ...

Thanks Andy but I'm just going to post it off with the old piston and let them sort it out, I'm sure I'm making far too much fuss over it, after all, it's only the front brake :D

Really, REALLY sorry for the hijack ebbo but;

SIMON, pay yer subs, I can't PM you :D

Andres

Done, I've been hanging fire as last year I paid up and then an automatic renewal happened and it took a bit to sort it all out! Any probs mail me on gmail @ info.tsbg

Regs

Simon

That looks tidy

No apologies for me for 'raiding' Sir Ebbo's topic! :) The original lined paintwork shows the angular nature of the tank, seat, side panels and makes them into a 'unit' - well ahead of its time and a real looker IMHO.

screen-shot-2018-01-30-at-05-56-05.png

Not very hard to find here in Spain - sadly money is ...

Regs

Simon

......... I wasn't too surprised when the bleed nipple sheared off the brake caliper :rolleyes: I'd used lots of heat but not enough it seems :blast

Have you got this out yet? If not you need someone with a Mig welder. Place a steel washer over the nipple and slowly build up with weld until you have enough to get hold of with mole grips. It WILL come out and won't cause any damage if done carefully. :thumb

Have you got this out yet? If not you need someone with a Mig welder. Place a steel washer over the nipple and slowly build up with weld until you have enough to get hold of with mole grips. It WILL come out and won't cause any damage if done carefully. :thumb

These nipples are really tiny and the side walls are so thin now I really think a mig welder would just burn it away, I have a cunning plan involving a bag of Alum powder that might just work, we shall see

Took a car load of bits going to TripleS in Bingley for powder coat today :thumb2

Wife seems to be tuning into the possible cost of all this, she has no idea :blast:(

Yes, that really is a pair of airer frames

Attachments

• Bits to go.jpg
    Bits to go.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 602
Took a car load of bits going to TripleS in Bingley for powder coat today :thumb2

Wife seems to be tuning into the possible cost of all this, she has no idea :blast:(

Yes, that really is a pair of airer frames

Now that's what I call diplomacy :) Actually I'm on the lookout for a 'dolly'* for similar reasons!

Regs

Simon

* don't look it up on Google!!!!

Picked up all the parts from TripleS today, what a great job! Everything looks to have been masked off perfectly and the shine on the gloss black is super :clap

The fork legs and yokes are textured satin black, the yokes look superb but the fork legs look a bit coarse in places but I'm going to roll with it, it'll look terrific!

Attachments

• Bits returned.jpg
    Bits returned.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 560
That looks a lovely job ebbo, the mudguard is super deep and shiny :)

Andres

I don't know how that mudguard survived the years, it is a wee bit pitted but the paint has smoothed it all out and it's solid so good to go :D

Started on the wheels today, I'm only prepping them before taking them to Ray Thursby for re lacing and general fettling.

These are the offending items :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 666
The bolts holding the discs and carriers to the hub came undone real easy but the disc was stuck fast on the bearing carrier. I left that for the afternoon soaking in WD40 before attacking it again later on. It came apart with gentle persuasion :thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 640

Back
Top Bottom