Baptism by fire. kind of.

Apex

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
First outing on the advS. An amazing and horrid day rolled together. The bad...frosty foggy nastiness from 4pm that stuck to the inside and outside of visor. The good...the feeling of going further than i magined.

Drove to the Mynd(?) in Shropshire out of Chirch Stretton. sign said closed road snow n ice but went for a looksee. Made it up over and down. I doubt i’d have managed it on the GS as the cylinders would’ve collected the snow! Stunning up there and a mini adventure had.

Some photos might be good!

Some pics. IPhone won’t send them for some reason.

Attachments

• 9BF5EDDF-DA4C-46A1-BAE8-A6BC224682DF.jpg
    9BF5EDDF-DA4C-46A1-BAE8-A6BC224682DF.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 369
  • D936C6E7-2FD8-4095-BDE8-BCEA1E1810CD.jpg
    D936C6E7-2FD8-4095-BDE8-BCEA1E1810CD.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 393
  • DB13A40F-3E4B-40B5-B677-3B439EF36A8A.jpg
    DB13A40F-3E4B-40B5-B677-3B439EF36A8A.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 681
  • 77E6DB50-2BB2-4ECA-A601-6308B1978058.jpg
    77E6DB50-2BB2-4ECA-A601-6308B1978058.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 348
Stunning pictures... very envious of your ride to... nice one:D

Bloody hell, you’re braver than me! :eek:

Nice top box, btw. ;)

Really good pics. Stick one of them in the front page pics thread.

Bloody hell, you’re braver than me! :eek:

Nice top box, btw. ;)

You should see the bash-plate! :D

Brave or stupid... What's the worse that could happen? Trash a 50 mile old bike?

Because I got my KTM dirty does that mean I'm in a special club now? :blast 200 miles of salt/snow/farm lane debris has done a good job on it.

This bike is nothing like the one at Premier I test rode twice. It certainly isn't in some kind of running in mode! Very smooth fueling out the box. Will still get the Hilltop snake oil applied though.

I tried all the settings today and it will NOT wheelie. I'd like to know how the Youtube guys are managing it. The software seems very glitchy at the moment. Failures of DTC/corner ABS and something else that said WARNING! This morning I could turn of DTC...this avo, not, wouldn't let me. Odd. Seat heater not required as you get warm botty syndrome even though cold temps today - not sure if i'll like that come summer. Filtering is a joy (no panniers yet).

Bike needs different levers for my average size hands, more Amps to the heated grips and some driving lights as the stock headlight doesn't do it for me (it's ok, just not great). Oh, and it must wheelie at some point future. As first rides go I'm incredibly impressed. Even the stock tyres did okay in the snow.

... and all that with standard road Tyres! You are indeed brave. Nice pics btw :thumb :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Update on the wheelie situation...or lack thereof.

Reading on another forum it seems as though there's updated software available. Also, motor slip regulation (MSR) upgrade should fix the issue. So when you turn MTC off it is, actually, off. It seems that even with the TC off on the dash it stays on, who knows why! The bike is due to have Hill hold/My ride(?)/MSR installed at first service. I guess it'll get a software update then too. So here's hoping.

Photo fixed....

Attachments

• View 2.jpg
    View 2.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 288

Back
Top Bottom