Advanced rider

Google ROSPA. they will have a local group who will point you in the right direction. Whare did you do your advanced riding? They should be able to help. JJH

We have a great group with SAM .... Sheffield IAM. No pretentious tw@ts, just a good bunch of lads and lasses doing a great job. I was their Examiner for twenty-four years. Good social side too.

Meet every Saturday morning down at Meadowhall, or Treeton Miners Welfare Club at errr mmmm Treeton, first Monday evening of every month, but there won't be one in January.

:beerjug:

IAM or ROSPA, I did both tests, no real difference, so go with the group that is nearest to you. ROSPA you have to be retested every 3 years, IAM can be for life, but they are now encouraging you to join the fellowship, which means a retest every 3 years, which is a good thing as people lose their skills over years.

Or if you fancy doing it all in one go, have a look at 1st Class Rider Training in Cardiff. This school is run by an ex police traffic guy and all his instructors are either ex or serving officers. Twice a year they run a 3 countries advanced course, where you start in Wales and ride up to Scotland. At the end you can take the IAM and ROSPA tests, all included in the cost. Costs a bit, but it does include training and Dinner B&B. Good course I did it 3 years ago and am going back in May to re-do my ROSPA, its more like a biking holiday.

I had the same train of thought a year ago. Went for Rospa as I perceived it to be harder than IAM, after my reading and you get a certificate. More fool me. Although I learnt some (not a whole lot more than what I knew - not what I could do, but already knew...), I failed to put it completely into practise, I didn't like my instructor and saw very little difference in my riding. I started off not able to keep a line on left handers (and mentioned this) and still cant! lol. So ended up with a Silver. Whatever. But the group was dead, so many little nuances at the meetings etc, I will not be renewing my subs. Vry little explanation of how to correct my riding etc. I would rather have spent my money with Giles etc in lieu of a certificate. I think you'll learn more in 2 hours (and have it explained in good technical language) than the practise mantra

I have done both and agree that the good groups of both camps deliver great training. The bad groups do not.

Why thank you .... :D

Back
Top Bottom