G650 GS Mystery Cable Cover Screw

carolmary

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2015 G650 GS and am having trouble identifying a screw that I've managed, much to my surprise, to sheer off the top when trying to undo it. The second screw is also 'stuck' but I've left it alone. All I wanted to do was to take off a cover so I could clean it.

According to the Repair CD, the screws holds on the 'Cable Cover' and sits above the crankcase cover. This is a mystery 'Cable Cover' according to the online parts fiche, as I can't find it there, but now have become familiar with just about every other part.

Does anyone here know what the part number/size/length is of the screws?

After I've sourced replacement screws I'll then deal with how to remove the broken and stuck screws.

Thanks,
Carol

Attachments

• Cable Cover.jpg
    Cable Cover.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Broken Screw.jpg
    Broken Screw.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 170
Use plenty of penetrating fluid on the remaining bolt, over several days, before trying to undo it... gently, if its not moving then more fluid, until it releases and you can get the cover off, you could try using a soldering iron to heat up just the bolt. Once the cover is off, more fluid on the sheared off bolt, hoping that the is enough of it left to get a par of mole grips on.

I haven't heard of using ATF and acetone. WD40 or similar over a few hours/days should sort it.

Back
Top Bottom