Thanks Mikeyboy

Roger Chatterton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just got my GS PD back from Mike and Charlie- almost didn’t recognise it...
Lovely and shiny and black and glossy looking now.
Frame, sub-frame, forks etc all powder coated, new rings and valve guides, clean engine, and by way of a surprise, the gearbox needed some work( new casing and bearings!).
Bit of wiring trickery, Seibenrock speedo, and it’s all set, just waiting for decent weather and salt free roads- not taking it out for a while yet...
So, big thanks to Mike, Charlie and Duncan....very pleased indeed. I have to keep opening up the lock up to have a look at it .....:thumb

Not sure what the “fraught beginning “ was. Maybe something I don’t know about?!:confused::confused::confused:
I’ll try and get a couple of pics tomorrow......as long as it’s not raining of course.

Glad to be of service.
and thanks for the biscuits... they won't last long

Charlie

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Here's a few more ....I didn't ask Mike to work on any of the "bodywork" (tank, panels, cockpit etc). The wheels and hubs are waiting for a while too. And yes, I know the seats missing on a couple of pics - to show some of the wiring bits Mike/Charlie did. And yes, there's a switch blank missing - it'll be replaced when I get it from the spares box.
I've done a bit of tidying to the wiring for the rear light and indicators ( sorry Charlie....it was routed wrongly!!).

Attachments

• R100 PD - 9.jpg
    R100 PD - 9.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 327
  • R100 PD - 5.jpg
    R100 PD - 5.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 403
  • R100 PD - 6.jpg
    R100 PD - 6.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 338
  • R100 PD - 7.jpg
    R100 PD - 7.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 399
Here's a few more ....I didn't ask Mike to work on any of the "bodywork" (tank, panels, cockpit etc). The wheels and hubs are waiting for a while too. And yes, I know the seats missing on a couple of pics - to show some of the wiring bits Mike/Charlie did. And yes, there's a switch blank missing - it'll be replaced when I get it from the spares box.
I've done a bit of tidying to the wiring for the rear light and indicators ( sorry Charlie....it was routed wrongly!!).
Blame me for that:nod
Seem to remember Charlie commenting :nono

Last few ....
IMG_1721.jpg
IMG_1701.jpg
R100 PD - 10.jpg

Those bits of flappy cloth are velcro strips that hold the Richie Moore air filter in place.....

R100 PD Fuse box bracket - 1.jpg

Neat bracket for the fuseboxes etc. I'll need to sort the wiring a bit to get the toolbox in there.......:eek:

Had to find a place to mount the regulator/rectifier from my EME Generator, and Centech fuse box, as well as the OE Fusebox, so they mounted them behind the battery.Big improvement, and the Centech is powered by a switched supply, via a relay, so that things like the spotlights(which I'll fit later) and sat nav, and voltage/charge display will all switch off with the ignition. So no scrate can fiddle with the switches when it's parked up somewhere and flatten the battery!

Final pic shows the Seibenrock/Acewell speedo drive take off point ; uses the same drive mechanism off the gearbox, but just runs a signal via a wire, as opposed to the OE mechanical cable drive.

Be a shame to get it mucky now, but it'll be off on a couple of Europe trips in the summer- might make it down to see Sid at Agen even, so it's certainly going to be ridden. Maybe Norway again too. Can't wait.

So very pleased with everything- quality job, ..... :thumb:beer::beer::beer: Few bits of tweaking and twiddling for me to do still, but that's what Airheads are for is it not?

Big Thanks to Mike and Charlie .:bow

Back
Top Bottom