Anyone on here own/know this bike? (2008 1200GS in Kerry on DoneDeal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

essjay

Reaction score
I'm considering getting a R1200GS around 2008-2011 model year and weighing up buying locally or making a trip across to the UK. From what I can see you'd probably get a 2010/2011 (engine update) bike privately across the water for under or around the €7k mark (inc VRT) whereas here it would be a 2008.

I spotted this on DoneDeal and it may be worth considering. Anyone on here own/know it?
https://www.donedeal.ie/adview/view/17385531

Thanks! Coming from an 1150GS world it’s good to know the twin cams are worth the extra. Pretty sure I could land a twin cam 2010 from the UK for the same price as a 2008 bought here. I’ll look into it further.

Coming from an 1150 , did you ever consider a Stelvio ?.
If you liked the 1150,, you,ll love the Stelvio.
For the Kinda Money the 08 BMW is , you would get a 10/11 stelvio.The Finish is way superior to the BM
Justa thought

Coming from an 1150 , did you ever consider a Stelvio ?.
If you liked the 1150,, you,ll love the Stelvio.
For the Kinda Money the 08 BMW is , you would get a 10/11 stelvio.The Finish is way superior to the BM
Justa thought

I hadn’t to be honest. Do you still have one? Quite positive reviews.

I love them , they are "different " in every sense .
They handle as if on rails .
Mechanically they are very well built , especially the Later models ,all the niggles have been Sorted.
The Build quality is up there with any Japanese machine , and way ahead of the modern GS.
I bought my 3rd this year , but i have not been out on it at all , I think i may have filled it with petrol ,
and that was as far as i went , maybe a mile .
Although i am on my bike every day ,i use my Van Van , which has the added bonus i can take
it on the bus with me .....
Wanna Buy it ?

Sure tell me about it, I’m all ears!

I’ve had a look and there’s a couple of decent ones on Autotrader. 2013, 30k miles, £5000. 2012 (I think), 10k miles, under £6k you’d get it possibly. They are definitely cheaper than a similar year GS. Since I don’t need the “adventure” bits it seems like the standard version is a good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom