Rallye TE

BMW really took the issue of stolen clocks seriously, and realising the desirability of the new TFT screen, thought very carefully... before mounting it with exactly the same crappy circlip that can be removed in about 5 seconds. :)

BMW really took the issue of stolen clocks seriously, and realising the desirability of the new TFT screen, thought very carefully... before mounting it with exactly the same crappy circlip that can be removed in about 5 seconds. :)

Come now, I fear you have under estimated our friends at BMW. I think you'll find they did exactly as you suggested, they just wanted to make fitting the replacement as quick and painless as possible....

oh foooook......:blast

Now What!!!

Have been looking at a low miles Iconic that looks great buy?

But seeing your Ralley TE with the TFT screen, I am wondering if I am making a mistake!!!

Is the gearbox and suspension that much better anyone? as it will cost me about 3.5k more.

But seeing your Ralley TE with the TFT screen, I am wondering if I am making a mistake!!!

Is the gearbox and suspension that much better anyone? as it will cost me about 3.5k more.
I've bought a 66 plate TE, no TFT screen but has quick shift and ESA and I love it, but I see your despair the Ralley looks fantastic :confused:

Don't know what you're riding ATM, but compared to my MY 2016 GS TE the gear box on my new one is much better. In road mode the self levelling suspension seemed a bit soft for me so I've put it in dynamic mode but either way it seems plusher than the previous ESA I had. I really like the latest GSAP which is a great thing to have available when overtaking and the TFT screen is a massive improvement over the previous dash. Personally I really like the looks of the Rallye, but I just don't like the faff involved in keeping spoked wheels clean. That small negative aside (for me) I think it's the best looking GS there is.

3k miles on a Rallye sport. Love it. Gearbox and transmission is on a different level to older bikes.

Confusing though, as the name designation was short lived. Its now called R1200GS Rallye te.

I believe the Rallye TE is the model with normal GS seat(s), centre stand and standard screen. Mine is the Rallye Sport which has all the extras but no centre stand and has Rallye seat and sports screen.

I upgraded my screen for winter use courtesy of Nutty from this parish. But prefer the look of the shorter sports screen for summer use.

I think the Rallye sport is still available to order with the longer suspension.

Or Relay, for when the AA come to recover you and your starship !!

Jealousy is a terrible thing Arsey. However, seeing that it’s Christmas I will pause in my efforts to patronize Guernsey and all that choose to live there and wish you a merry Christmas.

Neil

(P.S. it’s never to late to see the light and move to Jersey and buy a GS :beerjug:)

Back
Top Bottom