Bamboo base layers for summer

GoldenGS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Are these any good for summer use or are they more of a cold weather solution? They seem to have good wicking properties. Does anyone have experience of them?

No, but my wife like the socks for being comfortable

I use the Rab ones all year on the bike or when walking in the mountains. Never had a problem with overheating, just get one that has a reasonably long zip on the front for adequate ventilation.

Shark have been using this in there helmet interior linings. You would think it has to wick well.

My wife can't get on with merino and has tried Coolmax stuff but really likes bamboo and wears it under her bike gear year round.
She gets hers mostly from Bam at www.bambooclothing.co.uk, it can be pricey but they do discount offers and sometimes 3 for 2 deals.

Mark

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I ride all year round, rain or shine, warm or freezing cold, and I can safely say that all the merino undergarments I bought have sat at the bottom of the wardrobe, hardly worn. I just wear a t-shirt and boxer shorts under my BMW Streetguard suit and I'm warm enough. Even the insulated liners that came with the suit have probably never been worn. Nothing wrong with any of them, I just fond they aren't needed.

My wife can't get on with merino and has tried Coolmax stuff but really likes bamboo and wears it under her bike gear year round.
She gets hers mostly from Bam at www.bambooclothing.co.uk, it can be pricey but they do discount offers and sometimes 3 for 2 deals.

Mark

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Never heard of them ! Thanks for the link though thier stuff looks good

Back
Top Bottom