Nav V Bluetooth connection to Autocom?

notagser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Now I've got a Nav V, and a four-button cradle, I'm looking at connection options to my Autocom (wired) system.
I can use the audio out cable to allow me to hear turn directions only, but was considering adding a bluetooth connection to the Autocom to allow phone/media connection as well.
Does anyone have experience of these adaptors: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEREO-B...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Just read the description properly, and it states "Please note that the unit cannot be used to talk on the phone as it is a receiver only".
Sounds like it would be fine for media playing from the Nav V, but not with the phone linked through the nav.
Might have to look for an Autocom BTM-02A module at a sensible price.

The only issue with using BT connection is that the Nav unit won’t allow volume adjustment of the media output as its setup to work with the BMW audio system which has volume on the audio not on the navi system.

I’ve got mine setup like this but I’m like looking for a method of controlling the audio volume.

Not sure which Autocom you have but I have an SPA system with Nav V. I was having problems with phone volume when I first installed it but with a little advice from the guys on here and changing one of the wires (3.5mm jack plug) from one output to another, the volume increased to an acceptable level and works as receiver and transmitter. I'm pretty sure that the volume control works on the Nav V for phone use too! If not then you could try the volume control on your phone (whilst in a call). Unable to confirm this right now as my bike is in storage.

Thanks.
I've got an Autocom Pro 7 Sport wired into the bike at the moment.
The Nav V and cradle are now installed and working, including the wired audio out.
I'll get hold of a bluetooth module, and take it from there. I'm sure it will be a learning experience!
(I'm watching a couple of BTM-02a modules on eBay at the moment)

If you were closer than Edinburgh then I have a spare that you could try to see if it worked

Thanks for the suggestion.
I'll see how I get on with eBay etc. over the next couple of Months. Bike doesn't usually come out till the days are longer than the nights!

When I first bought my GS last year and then added the Nav V I looked into doing this with my Autocom Pro wired system. I contacted Autocom and a couple of dealers about adding the BT module, but their responses weren't at all encouraging. Every idea seemed to involve replacing the Autocom with a new one and even then it all seemed a bit ad-hoc once Bluetooth was added to the mix. In my case, added to that was the faff of fitting it to the GS and the inconvenience of the cables, so I bought the latest Scala Freecom BT system instead. I think I made the right choice.

Back
Top Bottom