1290 - Front fog/spots fitted.

Apex

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well...be seen be safe and all that.

Having looked hard at Denali D4 lights at £250 (KTM lights £450! :blast) I've opted for some of the lights I fitted to my offroady for now. Super cheap. They swivel on a ball joint and it's simple to bend the arm to the angle you need as well. Installation options are many.

Removing the headlight is a right pain the first time round, but now I know the deal it's a 10 minute job. Behind the headlight are two coiled up 12v 10A power feeds that come on with the ignition - I'm guessing these are the feeds to the KTM optional lights - at £450...did I mention that? Stupid. Connected all 4 lights to one of those feeds. The good bit is the ball joint arrangement as you can adjust where you want the beam exacto in a jiffy.

On a slow boat from China are a pair of Denali D4 type lights at £10:82 pair. These will get their own switch as I'm guessing they'll irritate oncoming traffic a tad.

Linky:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12W-LED-Work-Light-Flood-Spot-Lamp-for-Truck-Off-Road-Lights-Waterproof-12V-24V/252763595963?hash=item3ad9e264bb:g:wxcAAOSwx6pYnSFX

This type of lighting seems to divide opinion, but even if you hate them, and I certainly don't, you did click this link didn't you :JB

Attachments

• Front lights.jpg
    Front lights.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 445
Not sure anyone seems that interested in this thread but just in case I’m happy to post some pics of the Denali-esque lights that have arrived in days not weeks.

Quality is excellent! They won’t be Denali will they, but they’re so cheap I won’t worry too much if they fall off or get nicked.

Solid aluminium cast case (I think) nicely painted. Cables (as always) too short to be useful (40cm inc tails) and the lights are sealed so no replacing them with longer ones.

Light beam is nicely diffused. More fog than spot I think. Will see when it goes dark and maybe post a pic.

IMG_9658.JPGIMG_9659.JPGIMG_9660.JPGIMG_9662.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep looks good and gives plenty of light but as you say these type are usually flood rather than spots which is fine unless there is traffic coming in the opposite direction.
When I had the DR400 I installed a couple of these from Aliexpress in spot format which provided good light for a small bike

fef4640326443853206ad210189c8421.png

Yep looks good and gives plenty of light but as you say these type are usually flood rather than spots which is fine unless there is traffic coming in the opposite direction.
When I had the DR400 I installed a couple of these from Aliexpress in spot format which provided good light for a small bike

Yes, I saw those when searching. These will get their own switch and get used in bad vis/night riding for near to intermediate distance (I'm hoping). Wanted some lights that illuminate the verges as riding. We'll see! One thing you do need are crash bar mounts for them as that's where I would like them to be fitted.

Great. They look perfect. More expensive than the lights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom