Places to base myself for a long weekend in Normandy this Summer

Just a bit further away, but great location and roads together with Nigel & Carole’s hospitality is https://www.maisonlaudiere.com/directions/

Numerous Tossers have stayed there as have I and a friend and would happily go back.

A bit further away? It’s 110 kms due south of the coast at Arromanches. I’m far from convinced the OP will want to hoon a 220 km or further round trip each day of his holiday.

OP, the Arromanches place seems to be coming out tops, if you want somewhere ‘biker friendly’ and ‘safe’. It’s conveniently placed, so book it up quick before hordes of other bikermates get their dusty Adventure boots under the table and onto the bedspreads. Much of the same in this thread: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/470829-Trip-to-DDay-beaches?p=4938665#post4938665

One last tip. Plot each day out, so as best to use your time. The biggest museums will take a couple of hours (though some bods will say they take all day) then add on a coffee stop (30 mins) and lunch (45 minutes) and a tea stop (30 minutes).... very quickly the day starts to go, with more lost if you stubbornly refuse (as some do) to take the motorwayand your hotel is now 100 kms away.

There are some excellent and quite cheap guide books and maps, that’ll help you do it. TripAdvisor can help, along with Google. You don’t want to arrive at the airborne museum to find it’s closed that - and your only - morning to accommodate three school groups from Lyon... It’s happened, trust me.

91z7fig6eZL.jpg

51Ey7t7sLUL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Having the latitude and longitude references pumped into your GPS device (you can check them on Google streetview) may save you some time, too.

I've downloaded this from Amazon many thanks and the map detail is really useful. Very grateful for your help, thanks again!!!

See 'Tank' of this parish. Talk of them selling up - maybe they can update us on progress shortly & intentions for 2018

Thanks for mentioning us too :thumb2

In reply to your post....... Yes our place is still up for sale but no takers as of yet as the property market in France moves at a snails pace :D

So it is business as usual, maybe one of this parish fancies a lifestyle change!!??

Look forward to seeing some of you this year.

Keep safe.

All the best.

Nige and Carole :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom