Not exactly a new member but a lapsed one returning to the fold.

phily2745

Reaction score
I've decided to return to the world of the GS and have been searching frantically for a cost effective re-introduction to the brand. I have seen an advert for a 2007 GS with 25K miles on the clock with a full service history, and priced at £3995. The only thing that concerns me is the final statement on the bike's description which is as follows. THE ABS AND POWER ASSISTED BRAKE UNIT IS NOT FUNCTIONAL AND THE LIGHT STILL FLASHES ON THE DASH. THE BRAKE'S BASICALLY WORK AS A CONVENTIONAL MOTORCYCLE BRAKE SYSTEM.
Is this a reason to walk away, or will the bike still continue to function without the ABS activated. Or could this be the start of a costly issue that will need to be resolved?

Thanks in advance of your replies and apologies to the moderator if I have posted this question in the wrong area.

Your location says Turkey so you may have different rules. In the UK, I think a warning light on the dash would be an MOT fail so would prevent buying road tax and passing the "roadworthy" requirement for insurance.

Hi
Think you would find it very hard to stop the bike if the servo has failed.
You do still have brakes. But not what you need. Pulling the lever would stop the bike very slowly.
Might even kill yourself trying.

Reports of a servo failure and repair in the UK are not uncommon. Together with a dealer bill of around £1,500.

You could strip the bike of its servo and plumb the bikes brakes differently. You would loose the abs function.

Good luck.

Not in Turkey at the moment, came over to buy a bike in the UK as prices are far less over here. Thank you very much for your reply.

Thank you very much for the reply, and by the sound of it, saving me a rather large bill. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom