Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Independent volunteer based training for IAM or ROSPA tests

Quote Originally Posted by harry the cat View Post
    I've done the 'Polis'. Too old to go back.....

I don't think you'd pass the interview nowadays ....

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by PDiddy View Post
    This is something I do and find it helps, my last one was with Nigel Bowers (Advanced Biker) covering forward planning, brilliant day and plenty taken away to add to what I introduce to associates -
    Would also recommend Nigel wholeheartedly -top man . . . (apart from being a friend of Redrick's of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    I don't think you'd pass the interview nowadays ....

I think you may be right Giles.

I think my attitude and lack of respect for the fine details of the rule book might count against me. My era was closer to Life on Mars than the current regime.
    There are but three parts to make up a man: his shadow behind, the road ahead and the clothes on his back.

My era was closer to Life on Mars than the current regime.
    Did they let you drive the Quattro?

Quote Originally Posted by richardbd View Post
    Quattro? Nearer to the Mk 3 Cortina from the first series
    There are but three parts to make up a man: his shadow behind, the road ahead and the clothes on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by richardbd View Post
    I thought the Moggie panda cars only had 2 doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Maybe the same as the way our club is run, it's good to gain information from other sources.

Even as National Observers we have done Bikesafe courses as a student, can pick up some useful tips and training methods.

Sometimes knowledge is diluted as it is passed from Observer to new Observer and myths and bad habits start to creep in, re- evaluation of Observers does help to keep the standard high, but "mystery shopper" training is a cheap way to up your game.
    Like the Navy phycologist. We all knew there was one for the interview, so we were on our guard. The group of candidates were collected by taxi from the train station. We went through all the classroom evaluative tests, then the physical tests, then were ushered in, one at a time, to be quizzed by this girl with a white coat, who probed our inner minds....then we were taken back to the train station by taxi again. The taxi driver was a nice chap who was interested in how we had got on through the process as he was a regular driver for the Navy.....

It was later after being accepted that I found out the taxi driver was the phsycologist, of course we had all dropped our guard by then.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    I thought the Moggie panda cars only had 2 doors.
    Easy tiger. I’m not that old. You must be thinking of Micky

Easy tiger. I’m not that old. You must be thinking of Micky
    Aplogies..... didn't he train with horses?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12