UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi
this is my 1150gs still some work needed but getting there.:thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 699
Looks great to me... They are for riding after all and take up so much room in the living room...��

Looks familiar to me ..........,:augie hope you are getting on well with it, what else have you done apart from the obvious paintwork and the seat change/recover?

It gets ridden :thumb2
Perhaps not in the snow :augie

Same here... snow, ice and outrageous gales... We have had all three "up here" in the last few weeks but still getting the 11GS out in between... Mines a scrufster but every time I give it a run in the winter it reminds me what a great winter bike it is...

You have the best of the 1150's and have done a great job on it so far...:thumby:

It was a great bike to start with to be honest blacknbleux2 thanks :thumb
I have put Wilbers on front and rear.
GSA tank fitted.
It's been chipped and has Remus exhaust and the cat removed
Corbin seat fits my arse better lol.
HID kit fitted high and low.
1200lc Ali luggage fitted.
Larger footpegz and brake extender
GSA side stand fitted makes it stand so much better :thumb
MRA screen fitted with turbonators.
Goodridge hoses.
USB charger and various ram mounts.
Tool cover lockable.

Still need to sort out the gear shift as my foot don't really fit under the lever :eek:

Still a few bits to sort out but getting there :thumby:

You've got a hellavu long list of mods there... I'm not tempted by the 12gs's at all as every buggers got one and its only the latest ones that are radically different... I've had 4 11's and sold 1150's for a job pre Ewan and Charlie...�� great bikes and my latest 11 has a really free revving engine so making sense of the 5 gear box.. Its performance standard apart form a " John" chip... Thinking of r12 injector mod as a final flourish... Many upgrades for comfort etc but that's my bag rather than the cosmetics...

Well done and thanks for the push to repaint my rough rear rack...��

Yeh I have heard that build quality with the 12s is an issue but the 11s are bullet proof lol this one will be with me a long time I suspect.
The 12 injector mod is it worth doing?

Good luck with the rear rack you know you want too lol.

I still have the original tank and plastics just in case lol ��

Having done this conversion…….absolutely if you can then get it.
Bike is quieter and softer on startup, less lumpy and the acceleration is much sharper and more urgent. (though my old injectors condition may have contributed to made these feel much better)
She ran much richer initially @ 2-3 tank fills.
:beerjug:

Oops I may have just ordered a 1200 injector kit from JTC ;p

:beerjug: :thumb2

Yeh I have heard that build quality with the 12s is an issue but the 11s are bullet proof lol this one will be with me a long time I suspect.

The 11/1150's are the last of the totally DIY BM GS's... The electrics are simple and bulletproof, so is the engine and everything else is a known known... I has an 07 12RT and even though it was a good bike there were a few little things that were annoying and started the move away from the overbuilt Oilheads...

The R12 injector conversion has only recently hit my radar and I see that a few UKGSers are sorted via a group buy from the US... I saw the Tills.de kit which seems fine... The feedback seems good and as with all these things, as long as you don't expect too much you shouldn't be dissapointed... The 11's obviously run the earlier Motronic mainly on Open Loop and are not as smooth anyway, especially at low revs... We shall see...;)

The 11/1150's are the last of the totally DIY BM GS's... The electrics are simple and bulletproof, so is the engine and everything else is a known known... I has an 07 12RT and even though it was a good bike there were a few little things that were annoying and started the move away from the overbuilt Oilheads...

The R12 injector conversion has only recently hit my radar and I see that a few UKGSers are sorted via a group buy from the US... I saw the Tills.de kit which seems fine... The feedback seems good and as with all these things, as long as you don't expect too much you shouldn't be dissapointed... The 11's obviously run the earlier Motronic mainly on Open Loop and are not as smooth anyway, especially at low revs... We shall see...;)

fitted the top box today very much an improvement on previous attempt that was basically just a flat metal plate bolted on the back.:blast

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 279
Fitted the 12 injectors today. Was very simple job only took 15min per side.
The bike seems to run smoother from start but the benefits will come I’m sure :augie

The 11/1150's are the last of the totally DIY BM GS's... The electrics are simple and bulletproof, so is the engine and everything else is a known known

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve heard quite a few mechanics say they like the 11xx’s for their relative simplicity and ease of fixing. My favourite description was along the lines of, “you can fix the bike with just a hammer, wrench, and some gaffer’s tape.”

Back
Top Bottom