r1200gs 2015 tyres for touring

I have been satis with Anakees 3’s so much so I pick up a pair from this parish for £125... brand new! £49 to get them fitted. Bargain and well happy with the 10k miles I got from them....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a pair of half worn Anakees (about 3000 miles) in my garage you can have if you want - free for collection!

I'm more than likely going to fit Conti trail attacks II's on my GS Rallye later this year before my trip to Spain. Quite happy with the Anakee III but had both Conti Trail attack II and Michelin PR4's on my GS TC and wet and dry there was nothing in it. Oh apart from the puncture I got in the PR4's after 1,500 miles:blast

I can pick up a set of Conti Trail Attack II's for under £200. That said I can't help thinking about the Pirelli Rally STR.................
https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/motorcycle/all-tyres/sheet/scorpion-rally-str#

When speaking to one of the tech guys at Pirelli, he informed me that the word 'Trail' in a tyres name, has nothing to do with it's off-road ability but simply means that tyre is constructed to suit the larger Adventure type bikes and specifically has a stiffer sidewall.

I'm more than likely going to fit Conti trail attacks II's on my GS Rallye later this year before my trip to Spain. Quite happy with the Anakee III but had both Conti Trail attack II and Michelin PR4's on my GS TC and wet and dry there was nothing in it. Oh apart from the puncture I got in the PR4's after 1,500 miles:blast

I can pick up a set of Conti Trail Attack II's for under £200. That said I can't help thinking about the Pirelli Rally STR.................
https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/motorcycle/all-tyres/sheet/scorpion-rally-str#

Just a personal opinion, if you are not burning up the twisties in Spain, I would go for a hard compound tyre, given the heat there, and condition of some of the roads, soft tyres will be eaten up quickly.

Just a personal opinion, if you are not burning up the twisties in Spain, I would go for a hard compound tyre, given the heat there, and condition of some of the roads, soft tyres will be eaten up quickly.

Thanks for the tip Smogbob. I shall bear that in mind. That said I'm doing the Picos in mid September so might not be mucho scorchio..........

Thanks for the tip Smogbob. I shall bear that in mind. That said I'm doing the Picos in mid September so might not be mucho scorchio..........

You can be surprised Spain sometimes has heatwaves from beginning June and lasts for a while, but Pico,s will be cooler than down south :beerjug:

I've got a pair of half worn Anakees (about 3000 miles) in my garage you can have if you want - free for collection!

Thanks Fred, but the new ones will last a year or more... stick em up on the free stuff... someone will take em...:D

Changed to Dunlop Roadsmart 3's last year (from Anakees), and have done over 3K (which has included a trip to Spain and Portugal) on them.

They are an excellent all-round tyre, and are wearing well.

Changed to Dunlop Roadsmart 3's last year (from Anakees), and have done over 3K (which has included a trip to Spain and Portugal) on them.

They are an excellent all-round tyre, and are wearing well.

Nice info them roads can be a bit rough in places. :beerjug:

Two weeks ago I changed my Tourance Nexts, the rear was illegal after 5000 miles. I’ve had two sets and apart from the disappointing mileage of the second set I’ve been very pleased with them. IMO, far better than the Anakees the bike came with.

I was persuaded to fit PR4 Trails, partly because of opinions on here and the free fitting that Michelin are currently offering. So far 350 miles in, I’m impressed with the road grip, but not the noise.

I know that one of the tyres the GS and Adventures come with is the Anakee..., what’s the other one?

CONTI Road attack 3 for me too best tyre i have had on any bike for years just really confidence inspiring in wet muddy lanes last year in november in devon and great in dry seem to warm up quickly and grip is great.
NEG POINT NOT CHEAP

They get my vote and I live in Devon ;)

Back
Top Bottom