1st one for 2018? - earlier than expected, on the 18th

Pix

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First of all, Happy New Year! Hope you’ve had a fab festive period and are now eager to start 2018.

Normally we meet up for a meal on the 4th Thursday of the month (25.01), but as it is my birthday on the 18th, I was wondering if you would like to join Nick and me for a meal on Thursday 18th January 2018 from 19.30 onwards. We’re planning to go to The Pheasant in Sheffield Woodlands, just off the M4 Wantage/Hungerford junction.

For those of you who normally go to the Oxford TRF meeting that night, their meeting has been exceptionally rescheduled to take place on the 25th, so there is no clash of interest there.

I do hope some of you can make that night, and of course, a meal on the 18th does not mean you cannot have another one keeping the traditional meeting pattern - we can’t make the 25th though, so someone else would have to organise it.

Cheers,

Ilse

The Pheasant Inn
Ermin Street
Sheffield Woodlands
RG17 7AA

I’d like to join you but I may be more like 8pm arrival
Happy to order food over the phone en route if that works for you, no pressure if not

Hi Ilse, count me in for the 18th please. It was good to meet up with all in November. 1930 hrs works good for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi Patrick,

Of course you can bring Cathy along, it would be great to catch up with her! And ordering en route, or making us order for the two of you shouldn't be a problem either.
I do apologise for the late reply - the Aussie flu got its claws into me.

Coming so far:

Ela and Gareth
Patrick and Cathy
Kurien
Alun
Nick and I

Looking forward to it.

hi ilse,
Just been checking my diary.
I am available to come over and wish you a Happy Birthday.
Not too far for me either. Passed it today on way back from NOG today, having had my recall carried out on the 1200.
clive

Ilse, thanks for the heads up on the pre-order. Order now placed with them. FRENCH ONION SOUP (as the main), and SAUTEED BRUSSEL SPROUTS & TOPS AND TOASTED CHESTNUTS ordered for me on the table booked under Nick's name. :thumb . Looking forward to meeting up with all.

PS: I am a light eater :D

That was good! A pleasure meeting up with all. Thanks to Ilse and Nick for organising. A happy birthday once again Ilse.

See you all on the trails. Oops! Should I say that on UKGSER? :D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

See you all on the trails. Oops! Should I say that on UKGSER? :D

Of course, Kurien - that's what the GS is made for! :D

A very nice evening indeed; thanks everyone.

Thanks everyone for joining Nick and me last night, it was my perfect start to 2018 (a bit later than normal due to that horrible flu, but that’s all in the past now - yippee). And to all those that couldn’t be there last night, we’ll make up for it soon!

Xilse

Back
Top Bottom