Price for the new 2018 Africa Twin Adventure, any quotes yet?

Still too expensive :D

It's going to be a bit of a mental mindgame for me in 2yrs 8mths as to whether a £13500 AT is worth it after only spending £2.5k for 3 yrs rental. A long time off thankfully

Still too expensive :D

For who, we know that you got a great deal, but for most of us wanting a new bike, it’s not available at that rate, anyway it’s not a bad price for what you get and some of us do a lot more than 4000 miles a year (one holiday away clocks up that many miles).

Concerning spending £3k to get it Offroad ready, it’s Offroad ready out of the shop, most riders will only take them down mild tracks or lanes and it can do that already, If you change the tyres, it’ll be much more capable, and if you chuck it on the floor on a regular basis, you might want to upgrade the crash bars and fit barkbusters.

For who, we know that you got a great deal, but for most of us wanting a new bike, it’s not available at that rate, anyway it’s not a bad price for what you get and some of us do a lot more than 4000 miles a year (one holiday away clocks up that many miles).

Concerning spending £3k to get it Offroad ready, it’s Offroad ready out of the shop, most riders will only take them down mild tracks or lanes and it can do that already, If you change the tyres, it’ll be much more capable, and if you chuck it on the floor on a regular basis, you might want to upgrade the crash bars and fit barkbusters.

That’s not a bad deal and the AS is quite a bit better than the old model and old deals are old deals at the end of the day.

As for being off road ready your right all it needs is tyres, crash bars , barkbusters and maybe a decent bash plate if your riding rocky places. £6/700 would do it and you would get 1/2 to 2/3 rds of that back when selling so it’s not much

They are brilliant bikes manual or dct , old or new model.

That’s not a bad deal and the AS is quite a bit better than the old model and old deals are old deals at the end of the day.

As for being off road ready your right all it needs is tyres, crash bars , barkbusters and maybe a decent bash plate if your riding rocky places. £6/700 would do it and you would get 1/2 to 2/3 rds of that back when selling so it’s not much

They are brilliant bikes manual or dct , old or new model.

Correct . It's hard to judge how good the standard crash bars are, I reckon some decent lower bars might be a good idea IF you are serious about off roading it. The larger bash plate looks quite substantial and it's got increased ground clearance , which was already superior to most of its competition on the standard bike. So that just leaves better handguards.:thumb2

I so want one but it's still a lot of money for me personally to spend , but not for many others .....

Hoping to do a deal with my local Honda dealer on Monday. Was going to wait until next year, but winter blues and a few things in my life have been getting me down, so if the cost to change price is right, I’ll be jumping in for a ATAS dct, panniers centre stand and Barkbusters. Then I can look forward to a trip back to my favourite place (The Highlands) in May.

Attachments

• 9E019772-415B-4584-A561-FC845FD06C1D.jpg
    9E019772-415B-4584-A561-FC845FD06C1D.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 283
Hoping to do a deal with my local Honda dealer on Monday. Was going to wait until next year, but winter blues and a few things in my life have been getting me down, so if the cost to change price is right, I’ll be jumping in for a ATAS dct, panniers centre stand and Barkbusters. Then I can look forward to a trip back to my favourite place (The Highlands) in May.

Well done you, happy new bike, and something to look forward to. When do you expect to take delivery or will you not know until the deal is done ? :drool

Well done you, happy new bike, and something to look forward to. When do you expect to take delivery or will you not know until the deal is done ? :drool

Apart from a brief chat about the ATAS with the dealer a couple of weeks ago, I haven’t done anything else, so I’ll see what he says on Monday.

Very nice.

My mates and I are doing NC500 in May. I'm also doing the John O'Groats to Lands End ride in June.

I will keep my £66 a month DCT and wait for the next 0% deals

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Job done :thumb2 (on the phone) just got to shake on the deal and then the wait begins :hapybnce::bounce1

Attachments

• 5B1011E2-79DB-4123-A7BC-389D42733603.jpg
    5B1011E2-79DB-4123-A7BC-389D42733603.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 350
Very nice, congratulations :D

Yup, the nicest looking AT so far. Enjoy the build and collection of new toy.

Thanks for all the + comments, looking forward to getting it sometime soon. Ref the panniers, I like them, they look great and will do the job perfectly well for what I want. I’ve had 1 GS and 2 GSA’s and the GS had the varios and the GSA’s had the oem alloy panniers, I preferred the vario’s for there ability to be expendable (shame the Honda ones couldn't be expandable) and no frames.

I have the oe panniers for my AT. So far, totally waterproof which is nice. They do not compare well against Varios build-wise and I think they’re overpriced for the quality you get. Still, they’ve done the job and I like not having scaffolding on the bike. They’ve been large enough for a couple of weeks worth of gear and unlike my 1190 Adv, they haven’t made the bike break into a weave at higher speeds on the autobahn.

Attachments

• 13E159C8-AEE2-487E-9DD8-F2D3AFC461C5.jpg
    13E159C8-AEE2-487E-9DD8-F2D3AFC461C5.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 192

Back
Top Bottom