Custom kits

Wrigsby1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of average customisation or changing things for the sake of it, especially when it ends up looking like loads of other efforts... I do get periodically bored though and instead of buying and selling bikes I want to keep the ones I have for now, so had a look around... The 11GS is a bit of an icon but is a bit clumpy, especially when you are on your 4th and have hte three year itch so I had a search... I liked the look of this...

...And then wondered what the parts were... Well after a bit of Google time I found out...

https://www.unitgarage.com/round_headlight_with_bmw_parable_kit

And saw the price...! It's about the same as the bloody bikes worth ha, ha... Ah well... stick with what I've got for the mo... The Aeroflow might help me stave off the fecked neck for a bit longer...:D

Looks good though and a subtle change of the good ole 11GS...:thumb

Attachments

• annunciomymoto.jpg
    annunciomymoto.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 435
  • annunciomymoto1.jpg
    annunciomymoto1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 346
urgh!
Horses for courses but I think that is hideous!
It was the beak on the 1100 that really caught my eye all those years ago and the beak on the 1150 is just the best.

I like that, apart from the front mudguard. Looks well finished too. Wouldnt pay 10% of what theyre asking though!

urgh!
It was the beak on the 1100 that really caught my eye all those years ago and the beak on the 1150 is just the best.

Yip totally agree... Horses for courses indeed! Its a copy of the original beak on r100gs Paris Dakar airheads... With a R100/80gs type light surround... Couldn't believe the price but it is a bit more involved than it looks... Usually I can't stand/can't be arsed with most custom attempts and as someone who remembers the original 11gs coming out to plenty of...:eek:wtf looks think the 11 beak is the untouchable bit ...:D cant help seasonable boredom tho...:rolleyes:

The laugh is if you own an original bm of any ilk you already own most of the best bits...:thumb

It's all a bit too big and cartoon like. The concept appeals but sadly let down by the execution.

Not wanting to clog up the "Oilhead" section with pics of "Airheads" :eek: - but saw this bike when passing though Germany last summer - absolutely stunning bike:clap

Cheers..........................Grizzly:beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_0015_2_1.JPG
    IMG_0015_2_1.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 273
urgh!

It's all a bit too big and cartoon like. The concept appeals but sadly let down by the execution.

I'm with Hay Ewe and Flipfly on this one. I think it's rather butt-ugly. But if you like it, more power to you.

Now the airhead that Grizzly posted...there's a beauty! :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom