Dolomites Hotel Arraba - Cortina etc

parkys100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello
Has any person have a hotel recommedation in the Bolzano/Cortina area for a good base for 5-7 days please.Thank you for any help in advance:thumb

Hotel Olympia in Arraba. Right in the middle of the two and well placed for much of the good riding. Take a look at John Herman's Motorcycling through the Alps and beyond its full of great routes through the passes. I've stayed at the hotel a number of times and never been disappointed.

Agree - I have been using Arraba as a base for years when touring the area. Some really good flats in the village, cheap as chips and everything with parking. Olympia fine - but I have stayed in three of the other hotels and not been disappointed.

Hotel Olympia in Arraba. Right in the middle of the two and well placed for much of the good riding. Take a look at John Herman's Motorcycling through the Alps and beyond its full of great routes through the passes. I've stayed at the hotel a number of times and never been disappointed.

+1 :thumb

They'll even bring you a large beer while you unpack the bike!:JB

You'll find Cortina a bit expensive, I'd also suggest Arabba or Corvara. Stayed in Cortina last summer and Corvara the summer before, Corvara is smaller but nicer I think.

Hello
Has any person have a hotel recommedation in the Bolzano/Cortina area for a good base for 5-7 days please.Thank you for any help in advance:thumb

Hi parky; only ever stopped once, and we stayed here. Arraba is bang inbetween where you want to be , and there are some cracking roads,; hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180104-165644.jpg
    Screenshot_20180104-165644.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 344
  • Screenshot_20180104-165634.jpg
    Screenshot_20180104-165634.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 380
Plenty of options on previous threads IIRC.

Personally it's our preference to take a Hotel in the Valley floor - then if the weather turns, as it did when we were last there in 2016, you don't find yourself inside a cloud for days on end.

We normally use the Hotel Teutschhaus at Kutinig - midway between Bolzano & Trento. Biker friendly, pool, HB, large garage for the bikes

Stayed at Hotel Lener last year on outskirts of Vipiteno. covered parking out the back. Paid around £50 a night for a room each.

Found Vipiteno to be very well placed for Dolomites, Stelvio (as some in group had not done it...) Grossglockner and various other passes. Giua pass close by as well, though didnt do it last year.

Just had a look at some of these, lovely part of the world that I really must visit soon.

Hotel Pordoi in Arraba , spent 5 nights there on half board , rooms fairly basic but more than compensated by excellent food and great service.
Garage and tools for the bikes too.
Stayed in a nice b+b in Corvara on another occasion, bit more going on compared to Arraba.

Agree - I have been using Arraba as a base for years when touring the area. Some really good flats in the village, cheap as chips and everything with parking. Olympia fine - but I have stayed in three of the other hotels and not been disappointed.

+1
Cracking place...

Arabba Hotel

Hello Chaps
Thank you for the help,looking at the Hotel Olympia I will start to have a look at the book to wet my appetite .:beerjug:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 148
We have stayed in many of the Lets Bike Together hotels and always found them to top quality, clean and perfect for motorcyclist. Here a link to the website http://www.motorrad-hotel.com/en.html

We have stayed at the Hotel Gran Paradis (in the link) which was lovely right position and leave the hotel garage and your straight on the passes and exploring all day. Good luck and enjoy the area.

Back
Top Bottom