Land's End Trial 2018

...I'm getting the itch to finish what I'd previously set out to do. This time it would be on the Airhead and stronger PMA :D

I remember seeing your HP2 on my first trial in 2013 at Popham. I'm signed up and starting from Cirencester on my new Mikeyboy special. :thumb

What date? How long? Could an idiot on a WR250 do it?

What date? Easter 2018

How long? 24 hours, no sleep & through the night, in the dark............. about 300 miles

Could an idiot on a WR250 do it? Yes, on Trials Tyres (no knobblies allowed)

See above

Thanx JB.
No knobblies rules me out in that case.
Best of luck to those who do it.

Timaloy,

I've done it on trials tyres, MT43s on my Alp. Harvey does it on his CRF250 on MT43s. I'll be using MT43s on my new bike. Don't rule yourself out on tyre choice.

You're capable of doing it. Give it a go! :thumb2

It's not quite 24 hours. Kicks off for me at Cirencester (other starts are available) at around 6pm Good Friday and finishes about 2.30 pm on the Saturday.

Timaloy,

I've done it on trials tyres, MT43s on my Alp. Harvey does it on his CRF250 on MT43s. I'll be using MT43s on my new bike. Don't rule yourself out on tyre choice.

You're capable of doing it. Give it a go! :thumb2

It's not quite 24 hours. Kicks off for me at Cirencester (other starts are available) at around 6pm Good Friday and finishes about 2.30 pm on the Saturday.
I must admit I'm tempted. The logistics might be an issue. I'll speak with you about it when I next see you.

Call for help for marshals for the LET

The Land's End Trial is in need of marshals so the event can run properly.

Does anyone fancy it? Easter Weekend

The event takes place from late afternoon on Good Friday until Saturday about 15.00 however, you won't be required for all of that time but it will most likely mean you'll be somewhere overnight.

It's mostly based in the West Country as it passes through Somerset, Devon and finishes in Cornwall.

It's a great event, with bikes from British to modern, sidecars, 3 wheelers and cars. I marshalled the Edinburgh trial and the time passed really quickly as it was good fun to watch everyone come through the section.

You'll probably be asked to wave a flag on a restart or help pick up a bike, or connect a car to a towing line, or time someone on a special section.

PM me if you're interested and I'll pass on your details to one of the organisers.

Back
Top Bottom