Water staining on aluminium panels on Honda luggage

Tallmarkb59

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing water staining on the aluminium "protection" !!! panels on the optional Honda luggage? I cannot seem to be able to remove from what I believe was simple rain water drops left on the boxes to dry.
Is this a warranty issue?

Not had the problem, but only because I spent £20 on some black wrap and covered them.
Not sure whether a warranty issue or not. I wouldn't be too bothered about it if it had happened to mine and personally, wouldn't be chasing a replacement. I'd probably mention it at service, having attached the panniers on the day so they could look at them.

Water will not stain aluminium...Cleaning products might as will salty roads??

If that is they are untreated Ali, i'd have thought they would be Anodised?

Water will not stain aluminium...Cleaning products might as will salty roads??

If that is they are untreated Ali, i'd have thought they would be Anodised?

Thanks Twizzle and Davey B. The main reason that I asked is that the bike and luggage are on a pcp together. Obviously I want to return everything in as good a condition as possible in three years time. If this is a common issue, the others will be doing the same.

I did it this way (i.e. bike and luggage on PCP, paying approx 18pcm additional for the luggage).

However, i think the luggage will have been paid off at the end of the 3 year period and it is only the bike that has to go back?

I may be wrong though

I did it this way (i.e. bike and luggage on PCP, paying approx 18pcm additional for the luggage).

However, i think the luggage will have been paid off at the end of the 3 year period and it is only the bike that has to go back?

I may be wrong though

Thanks for reply. I have to admit, my salesman was a bit vague about what gets returned at the end. I discussed going over the miles allowed per year, and he said not worried if trading in for another Honda. Only if I was just handing back and not having another.

If they look a bit crap in 3 yrs, spend £20 on wrap and an hour of your time and take the metal inserts off and cover them. I'd be gobsmacked if the salesman who accepts the bike back wants to peel off the wrap to check the ally cover

Luggage is yours it doesnt go back with the bike!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Luggage is yours it doesnt have to go back with the bike!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Fixed
No, it doesn't but unless you wish to keep it and transfer 3 yr old luggage onto the new AT (providing that's what you get), luggage is always a good seller with a bike :beerjug:

If you no longer want them ! I do need some and will buy .

Clean them up (try some gentle polish like Xerapol then cover with a wrap film. Costs will be minimal and you won’t be worrying about the odd scuff here or there.

Back
Top Bottom