Regatta Great Outdoors.

Thread: RIP Joan Rojas ... Inventor of the 'BUFF"

# C2, T1 ,T3 & T4 = Halo Click here to find out how to Subscribe

RIP Joan Rojas ... Inventor of the 'BUFF"

shamelessly lifted from elsewhere...

Statement from Buff ....

For over 25 years Joan Rojas has been a source of inspiration, innovation, and passion. He has been a part of our family, and has been a close friend to many more. Late Sunday evening, on the 7th of January 2018 – BUFF® Founder, Joan Rojas passed away after a courageous battle with cancer at the age of 71.

In 1946, in Barcelona, Spain, Joan was born into the Rojas family textile business – it was in his DNA to explore and think freely. With a rich knowledge and understanding of textile manufacturing that dates back to 1927 – when the Rojas family founded their factory, Joan would continue the tradition of innovation when he founded BUFF® . An idea that hatched while touring the country roads of Catalonia around Igualada on his motorcycle – Joan’s demand for a warmer, more protective solution to the sun, wind, and cold became the foundation of The Original BUFF® Multifunctional Headwear product.

At his family’s knitting factory – the same factory in which we continue to innovate and expand the business today, Joan produced the first samples of the seamless, tubular accessory. Within three years of bringing his idea to life, BUFF® Products were being distributed and sold in Germany, France, Switzerland, and other parts of Europe. Hard work and an appetite for changing the status quo, lead to BUFF® brand success. Joan’s’ tireless, insatiable and non-conformist nature that fueled the brand’s success then, continues to be a core part of the BUFF® Brand mindset.

Joan remained as passionate about product design as ever, and continued to support our culture of innovation and growth. We are proud and humbled to carry on the spirit and the legacy of Joan Rojas.

who hasn't got a Buff?

Poise - The art of raising an eyebrow - not the roof.

le jeu des treize Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Best ever draught excluder for bikers, love my Buff.... RIP Joan Rojas.
    'Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men". Douglas Bader

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Nope, never wanted/had one.
    Why so serious ?

I’ve got several and use them if I’m working outside when it’s bitterly cold, on the motorbikes summer or winter (bug filter in summer) and on the pushbike in winter.

RIP Joan though I’d never heard of you until today.

A Buff makes an open face helmet feasible in the summer.
    There can only be 11 and I'm one.

My pics

Don't know of the guy; but would never be without his product; summer or winter. R.I.P ; and thanks.

So we're all Buff buffs then.

First time i saw one was on a fellow Courier in the late 70's.
    Except his was half the sleeve off an old jumper.
    An invaluable item in whatever form.
    appears bright from a distance / dim up close

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    I hate anything around my neck, don’t do ties, don’t do polo necks don’t do tubes

Partly cos I’ve got a fat neck like jabba

Quote Originally Posted by leadfarmer View Post
    I hate anything around my neck, don’t do ties, don’t do polo necks don’t do tubes

Partly cos I’ve got a fat neck like jabba
    I also have a "jabba" neck and don't like wearing neck ties and such like......but the buffs/snoods make wearing a helmet in a scruffy, unshaven state almost bearable.

Also assists getting the helmet over my jumbo ears.

Sent from a U11

Quote Originally Posted by younger06 View Post
    I also have a "jabba" neck and don't like wearing neck ties and such like......but the buffs/snoods make wearing a helmet in a scruffy, unshaven state almost bearable.

Also assists getting the helmet over my jumbo ears.

Sent from a U11
    'Tis a delightful portrait you paint.
    There can only be 11 and I'm one.

My pics

Quote Originally Posted by stolzy View Post
    'Tis a delightful portrait you paint.
    I'm actually a hunk!! Just a fat one.

Sent from a U11

Originally known as the Snood ...

... we should actually be thanking a different man for popularising this - which was originally known as a "Snood" .

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...snoods-for-men
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    appears bright from a distance / dim up close

Sad news. One of the best motorcycle products of all time - have lost count of how many I’ve owned - never ride without mine.

How sad. And strange- I literally ordered a 3 pack off the internets about an hour ago.

And it reminds me of the time I gave a spare Buff away to a stricken biker at the side of the road. I stopped when I spotted a chap looking a bit distressed standing next to his bike, he explained that his girlfriend pillion had asked him to pull over in a bit of a panic as she had had a bit of an *ahem* "accident" as she had a dicky stomach- being somewhat unprepared for this he was looking for something, anything, about his bike to take back to her to get "cleaned up" shall we say, but had nothing at all - until I gave him my spare Buff from the top box. Bet Joan Rojas hadn't thought of that use as part of this design brief.

Anyway the chap did ask for my contact details, to return the Buff after it had served its purpose - I declined....

The simplest bit of ‘must have’ motorcycling kit. Genius.

Proud Tosser Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I have Merino wool Buffs can be worn everyday for a fortnight without any pong.