Does the rear chain sprocket carrier bolts being wired mean its been used for racing? Or are they all like that?

Just asking 'cos I've absolutely no idea ...

:beerjug:

Buyer beware, she's been raced.:D

Lovely bike and she's built to race anyway...

Does the rear chain sprocket carrier bolts being wired mean its been used for racing? Or are they all like that?

Just asking 'cos I've absolutely no idea ...

:beerjug:

Nope it doesn’t mean it’s been racing, it’s Japanese specification apparently as a grey import.

Stunning, a genuine MonoPosto

I still have my 2002 748S

Be careful with the plastic quick release fuel connectors if you remove the tank. And look at the renthal rear sprocket hub as it won't allow the cush drives to touch the swinging arm.

Don't worry about teh lock wire load were done like that because they wanted to look like racers.

Have fun.

Bike looks very good. I've owned a 1997 and did my own maintenance on it, a bit of a learning curve but once mastered well worth it.

Wiring the rear wheel retainer clip is a very good and very common practice. On all 916's keep an eye on the eccentric rear chain adjuster as the Cush drive rubber steel sleeves in the rear sprocket carrier have a habit of working loose and chewing off the adjuster dogs on the eccentric cam. Another item to be aware of is on 1996.5 and later 916 and 996 bikes the rocker Chrome would flake off and go through the engine. This was a result of Ducati out sourcing the rockers starting in late 96. My 1997 was afflicted with both these issues. Wiring to the single phase alternator is also under size and tends to melt the insulation off the wires and connectors. These are all well documented issues and curable, again, best to learn how to maintain the bike. They are fantastic to ride and very reliable if looked after in a preventative way rather than waiting for a break down. Enjoy your bike as I enjoy the second one I presently own.

oh fukk that is gorgeous.

When I took my early retirement I was determined to treat myself to a 916. Searched about and saw a few. Eventually saw one for sale up on Harris !!!! The deal fell through due to illness and the next thing I know I've gone and bought a fekkin 1150 GS for fekks sakes. 6 years down the line the prices have more than doubled, my body is getting stiffer and still got the GS.:(

I lockwired mine cause it looks so good. So not a sign that it has been raced. I upgraded the starter motor leads from motoelectric- a great mod after mine was very lazy turning over. Open clutch cover and Termignoni exhausts are a necessity. And enjoy ever minute off it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom