R-H switch question

GSgissla

Reaction score
If I want to put a master cylinder from a R100 on to my R75/6 (under the tank m-c) can I bolt the switch gear on to the R100 master cylinder without any problems?
In other words, will the r-h switch fit onto the R100 m-s without any difficulty?

Regards

Both the master cylinder and the switch fit to the lever perch .
With ATEs you want as small a MC as possible so do it right and fit a 12 mm one from a G/S or whatever.

Thanks for all the input on this. So Beemerboff you mean that the R100 MC is not 12mm or am I thinking too much? I cant check the MC dimensions before I buy it, sorry.
Do you know what the standard R100 mc measures?And yes, the mc is to be used with ATEs.
Thanks

According to Mr Haynes 1000 cc bikes came with everything between 13 and 17.46 mm master cylinders.
When I changed on my twin disk R75/7 I found a 14 mm MC gave less breaking power than the under tank set up,so I had it sleeved down to 11mm, but even then it is only not a lot better than the undertank set up
Some Guzzi's had a 11mm MC so it should be possible to source one somehow if you dont like the results you get with whatever shows up.

Back
Top Bottom