Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: London motorbike insurance - ungaraged

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Be happy. The rise in London premiums is helping insurers to keep the premium for Old Ken Bikerman in Devon with his 1987 BMW, garaged and 1000 careful miles a year (no pillion) and IAM pass (1968) down to 82p.
    Hahaha thanks Wapping. I feel so much better now in knowing I am helping out those poor souls not living in the big smoke.

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by lagauk View Post
    Hahaha thanks Wapping. I feel so much better now in knowing I am helping out those poor souls not living in the big smoke.
    But you London boys earn double us straw eaters, so by default you can afford it,....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
    But you London boys earn double us straw eaters, so by default you can afford it,....
    And their house values double on a weekly basis yet still they're moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
    That would be nice...if only it were true

Quote Originally Posted by Timaloy View Post
    And their house values double on a weekly basis yet still they're moaning.
    I know it's terrible isn't it . Wish I could take advantage of that but I can't coz the bloody house prices have doubled again and I can't afford to move

I just got a letter from Bennetts saying they couldn't offer me a renewal this year based on my London postcode (2001 r1150gs).
    Based on recommendation here, I just got a quote from mceinsurance.com for £210 - less than half what I paid last year, but with a £1350 excess. I suspect it is basically worthless as insurance, but at least I am legal.

I always bitch about insurances, I guess it is fair to not bitch when I'm happy with them.

Just renewed both my bikes with MCE. Paying about the same amount I paid last year, same (very high) excess on one of the bikes.
    Cannot complain so far.
    R1150R '03 [on hiatus]
    R1200GS Adv '07
    HP2 Sport '11
    [I'm the biggest limit on my bike] [flickr]

As far as I can tell they get a dart board, throw a few darts blindfolded and that's your quote. Years ago I move from Ruislip (West London) to Rochdale. Bike went from being kept in the front garden to a brick garage and my insurance doubled ! When I tried for cover in Europe and Morocco it was a nightmare, even got a firm saying I could ride anywhere (Gaze, Somalia, Afghanistan you name it) then when I gave them my postcode - OL..... oh sorry sir we don't cover the OL postcode (Oldham). Seems I live in the worlds most dangerous place for theft, who knew.

Insurance Hike.

Well my renewal's just jumped up £120.
    It's gonna be TPF & T from now on.
    Robbers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123