LDT bike anyone?

Thank you:thumby:
This machine is now sold,
I just need to commission and fettle it prior to collection after the Airhead show in Lincoln.
If anyone fancies something along similar lines,I have a loose plan to build another in the autumn :augie

Will these bikes be at the show? Would love to see them in the flesh.

Another randomish question: any tips on getting a new FD breather in? Tried freezing the breather / heating the casing and only succeeded in destroying a new breather :blast

attachment.php

Will these bikes be at the show? Would love to see them in the flesh.

Another randomish question: any tips on getting a new FD breather in? Tried freezing the breather / heating the casing and only succeeded in destroying a new breather :blast

If my plans work out,
We will be showing
The blue/ black roadster
The LDT bike
The twin shock scrambler.
Regarding the breather,freeze the new stainless one and heat the bevel to 150 degrees then it should go in easily with a smack with a rubber mallet,ensure the hole is spotlessly clean though.

Also turned up a top hat spacer for the r/h shock absorber,as I have moved the shock outwards to provide space for the exhaust
I have replaced the stud with a high tensile steel stud,and used 25mm stainless bar to provide extra support

If my plans work out,
We will be showing
The blue/ black roadster
The LDT bike
The twin shock scrambler.
Regarding the breather,freeze the new stainless one and heat the bevel to 150 degrees then it should go in easily with a smack with a rubber mallet,ensure the hole is spotlessly clean though.

Thanks for the tip - I will try again! Might bump into you at the airhead thing :thumb

Back
Top Bottom