ABBA Skylift Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredaroony

Reaction score
Been wanting one of these for years and finally bought one. Brilliant piece of kit and quality workmanship.

The only small issue I could find is some of the wheels hit the frame so don't turn 360 degrees. Not a huge deal but can make it a touch awkward to move the bike around.

You can position the bike flat, in full wheelie and full stoppy angles

https://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?item=sky-lift&pid=44

ZuovA59o4_yirhAlxtfDooAgRfjj0_C5aOwt5z_Ny6KRqZWPo-B19XjEogYne7_bZZA34F4ckJSnEbalsX4j86EEcDMYk6Z367SKsJj2ARiIkgO0ycHXQGniUJlcQ4pNPlDWYoYlufrZ72LpdSKG_7jjuEzpSsv-qvhnltOk1YpvhNkTYCF98AdqcNQF437FEaT746Tqve6Ue8_F-YxHt1IMxmlSJbBMPi89Thn5r2AItUMts1G01ptZCRf3WRTcNYJjUUVc3IgUUzYpkNtF1hn-_qoTS0eMS1IRerYd2809rRncIJVdWGX-C6VHnp1sEBs8xB7FyjYUcezE4o9NbBm6wMZmHvnTN0X3t3EhCBani31X1f7G38L1Xub4t6KwQbnG_w6KwgrLOv0iA0Cgli39uCV2fpCqzFneVEVF1MN9fYTdf72MPdb4-kC7uImkj_blYpsVl5qxyJVDNP2IXQkzgi2N7fNuIJguGAYONDMhgAgup0zYwpEPzO01N32ya4VayhTIHO-h0aw9OK1-fvbsI2u2z3VWgR_q2UMV3tG8agNU3KjFnSPcBgot4rBxoG6tijYycPakzfmBuzs9uzuiSNy87xK8YpbDJe841uzE11Pl_cJqhLH_OtkIUn05LJjLEw55tteXjgqZ-sVbuB85efARPJTtpw=w2080-h1562-no

1GYsFcV8c27jpgzAdhjBXeKwa5BsohDtxOyl8WSt0vvz1nssAj72SYvuSPPKBhr17WCIB_CP_KsQqW6Idv7H_wNMDMI9jvXHqyI64KbnI14y3et9HlUP4m0eQ2LOWdn3uEplml_c0faJQuAbXVaXdWa1CGB-oYy81VwXRCAK-Z0BYYyNWp5JexmPby4yvTGcjvgh-92XxOW-mYt9HbCZHHPdr4AgBLj2_9WATifxgYCN75Qrud3qlTyD8QlrfjV1IQiYvCjcK2gFlxyjhBfUAJHkO6uylQbenqHyAGnIIvQIMlu7Ozr_JZbGTY10l0BNDbPsomtHyjZI5-q53J3k3xTw365nxXr4oOtqh7okJC9lblpyvAb7FUGNOXgWagQiR_Pq23axoYOw7Dwz9oxEdaqSg6nPBxzlmvkR64kM58eYNXYzd1WvO9D-pQMjP-uPdu8WJuWp6Hna9n3ug7q808sstUVukSpqTgfR3WD6WYUbREcN_Vui_rIDF7NxVUkZ_jNG3PFprWjz1LCXs-WcGN1FLsZpobuf_JL9EeQMoj1EvBIPUnRh6Ido9uGeYZ1etmwI30sa8l1Z43vPu0shk5V08WZ5x5_fRyKRKd25uik76sjmLDY8y5tMq7h4DiYrAGAqzF1Sdiy31SyuyfwOWJ1SsFyFRvXLAw=w2080-h1562-no

g52aIcIwa6uQL6YQhlUjEIwreYiFubVdTtCoYsdbO5dLZaxuH1mrPUSAUxeFNlKzKF0GqCfLVgNP9bis3qksC041g6tHdlrL411dE9mOwNPoBDgyUKEuGzxSf4XGB6F7lhfv10SdhYEihnlUOTaNJQ4ixVlCxUSnSk2dsxAhXdHWtabH6wfMGlK7Jg-NOGywZUj_CU9_z6y3efV5KU8FmBxHXTCOxEjmG-tSjHRegOkYwWGNN5s1fYogVB7ocG16RrZSHvxeP2wkLsXz_-wOh8tt_I0zQQwHPbAU9ZF5hv0laeiypWB_cJEpzYIGeXhl8AEHf5xeoJUTep3ksrPSkUIL7b7ZE4vYMcgIoaZDN2fO1oIcUkh9ahe_z9XXaZcURnvBBflCWdxmkcVMannjMp_k2lggDKRStfmAAFVLwKVQdHwsESAKwfJ6UQH2-EFeYhkgaYbRZ_AbNVprl4sQ49fsgtT7TGsu8J6_RhiV2ssUDCAqFIDoHZfz61AevQhGBtIk2qhiLFX7fW5uBzDds0hJe26fBqzwzyBxDvz3iyxq3WgVBBYLOMpyybcYrZejBd4VxehKBSyv6uYCGefbb_ruusQE-DtPhrey5kWUHQGX0KP7npB2L5ILZbay9guHxtVZ-Jn9ybB53Bm_P3xVee9lG9mjyYpcoA=w1170-h1560-no

OTYBUDBNQYkU8miqy8GKC3g1IyY24Wh2sSsStAgmmd4WrCeoZeugC6WNfxM-Z2q9m5SYcYlKQBJQwvsuRniRXMSSiwTA2PDw8_aBoQ8rASKcFGitbp_Jyd3Amxx5uCap-pdnebq8cmkaP75Jy8koEkYRDGJy-2l8wOEVRGn7NWSYgkaPVJ_dfCErV_f3tn_-vIpV_fj2w545Fc0WfSphCyZVm0JP3ebY2xVa0zfj0So0zRzWEeDcIElS7YdWhJxAe5BVZCifGwb4n86dHiC7OQuvEUO-ZPA6xnughx3Piv0yavJ8Q8gwsZgkfWqIM1mAi2dGcuXiZ313qlyA8h5z37A1oz0vWOCk_rpwehL7s2HGsVHqjozW1X0hA2k4ce4kQk787KQf_dxpUZ3FmqAIj1SE-XGbtvf2grBV7UaC_K6KcKCeNZTSY9jmk7o9ZVEXNJxqfL7mp-z4XwaP88eYkhyG7DG2S09tDVi_RJo4MFi2uQf-iwQRaQE1N723HA0QB7lrVyLnqTq0nBVKME73o9yDBoN0IXtdw00qSedxntUNImMvbHATNHj0On62msPC8Gyrb5oUjF9E9yFCHqnJ3QNf6goUJFrvGjnJEIpnsrkcPxhXz-qUgOQGSBhTZaf9y1evCuh-zKnE6Q0BaMoYoMGCtelKSwtU_w=w1170-h1560-no

rAYKOr_AGcQ4byyF4CdJy06aLlEIm86mtBfY-X9y-CNr_u0U0soN_D8j0Kvdq8IEEi1pjnv9pFr9Flx7lrtU_VHGS-MVShRvn5QznuSJ-JnATdJCrD_SphMRf07FqVsQJPC1hCqmLc5rO0nUtqnsN27IXIU6Ol_p6L-p5hSepF5YmGBFe9O1ICOXoO3NaAmhpTVC0uSUmthUauy16h2iK2BFoLR9bJqSMJZ8-H_JGGneW1JtDon6_CIiz_JCFGrHxg6ONe99mqiOOHBIV9M7fehQ9JjEcjt58YUdDlvYOy8FUO1yWxSJs1gCQdK4ZrF_XXG8obaS3cndyCCfFuirzdqAlLyionxODdqOcurGg_5hch__BMIutyCWGl3zghSkrWYOTYmTfGfu3QlYIx1g6vB4_osCjI4_u-MNPpahDYnJslJTlmwwzBhdRIalxMTG8EGJcmO1vAweoY56xOotk5kEToSTw-iQaQWlzwTeFc7hJP103VL1aFmTk2F-JeBlcO2IZTRr0S8xj2AssWZpp2weh3lH6hWPDM7ilIgR0ThD9gTbQo3dj0nGUM63b2QlOzSWjDMkaSTjA2dR0lIvCtnF0JeW2O6jRJ3UDxL-9SuAWAr3w46al9aQt-FRj7LPwwu51eOBGc0IeTdecB9NoeKCVGxMr8VpRA=w1170-h1560-no

As you say, a great bit of kit but I did struggle to get my bike onto the stand on my own. It might be a confidence thing but I really don't want to risk it everytime so one of my sons assists. The ability to work on all areas of the bike whilst standing makes this so useful. I stored my old VFR on the stand over the winter so that I could move it around the garage to get to other things.

My mate has it at the moment to take the wheels and forks off his R80GS winter project.

It's pricey but does everything you could possible think of. Nice pictures by the way!

Also, the people at ABBA fall over themselves to be helpful. I've never had such good customer service. :beerjug:

As you say, a great bit of kit but I did struggle to get my bike onto the stand on my own. It might be a confidence thing but I really don't want to risk it everytime so one of my sons assists. The ability to work on all areas of the bike whilst standing makes this so useful. I stored my old VFR on the stand over the winter so that I could move it around the garage to get to other things.

My mate has it at the moment to take the wheels and forks off his R80GS winter project.

It's pricey but does everything you could possible think of. Nice pictures by the way!

Also, the people at ABBA fall over themselves to be helpful. I've never had such good customer service. :beerjug:

I was wondering about that too but found it really easy to get the bike on it. I just put up the kickstand and moved the stand into position then locked the wheels. It was holding the bike fine so then went around to the other side.

Glad I spent the extra money to get this one over something like a Bursig that just doesn't as much.

I know it's just me - once my mate has finished with it, I'm going to try a couple of alternative techniques that ABBA suggested. It's just too good to be restricted to using it unless one of the boys is around.

I know it's just me - once my mate has finished with it, I'm going to try a couple of alternative techniques that ABBA suggested. It's just too good to be restricted to using it unless one of the boys is around.

Once the wheels are locked you can think of it as a replacement for the kickstand. I'm sure you will be fine

The only small issue I could find is some of the wheels hit the frame so don't turn 360 degrees. Not a huge deal but can make it a touch awkward to move the bike around.

I too took delivery, only yesterday of my Abba stand. I found the instructions pretty clear and it was easy to assemble.

You mention "some" of the wheels fouling the frame. I did note that one of the wheels did foul the frame (a braked wheel), but that Abba had realised that was happening, and had supplied an extra "grooved" plastic end cap to cover that eventuality.

Bit of an adventure getting it located on the pegs, on my own, but with all things, there will be a knack, and the more you do it, the better it becomes. Not tried the XR yet!

I too took delivery, only yesterday of my Abba stand. I found the instructions pretty clear and it was easy to assemble.

You mention "some" of the wheels fouling the frame. I did note that one of the wheels did foul the frame (a braked wheel), but that Abba had realised that was happening, and had supplied an extra "grooved" plastic end cap to cover that eventuality.

Bit of an adventure getting it located on the pegs, on my own, but with all things, there will be a knack, and the more you do it, the better it becomes. Not tried the XR yet!

Yes exactly, it's the left wheel with the lock. How does the plastic end cap help though?

I found it really easy first go but maybe I just got lucky

I have an EazyRizer stand, similar one-post technology but immobile once loaded. For single person loading I can wholeheartedly recommend a front wheel chock. Ok it's an extra £35 but makes the lift loading so much easier; simply roll the bike into the chock which will support it upright while you fit the stand attachments.

Yes exactly, it's the left wheel with the lock. How does the plastic end cap help though?

I found it really easy first go but maybe I just got lucky

From what I saw, it's only when the brake is in the "off" position, ie the lever is up, that it fowls the plastic end cap in the black square section of the frame. The replacement cap has a groove in it, which when replaced with the original one, I suspect, would allow the wheel to spin on its axis without fowling the plastic. (I didn't change it as the fowling was marginal, and I'd had enough by then!!)

By the way, did Abba supply the large "thing" sitting in the centre of the rear wheel, where you fasten the tethering strap to?). I haven't got anything like that !! :-(

By the way, did Abba supply the large "thing" sitting in the centre of the rear wheel, where you fasten the tethering strap to?). I haven't got anything like that !! :-(

.....and just to answer my own question, it's a hub adapter, which I have now bought. Doh :blast

I have an EazyRizer stand, similar one-post technology but immobile once loaded. For single person loading I can wholeheartedly recommend a front wheel chock. Ok it's an extra £35 but makes the lift loading so much easier; simply roll the bike into the chock which will support it upright while you fit the stand attachments.

Hadn't thought of that. Good idea. Thank you.

From what I saw, it's only when the brake is in the "off" position, ie the lever is up, that it fowls the plastic end cap in the black square section of the frame. The replacement cap has a groove in it, which when replaced with the original one, I suspect, would allow the wheel to spin on its axis without fowling the plastic. (I didn't change it as the fowling was marginal, and I'd had enough by then!!)

Exactly same problem and I just took the cap off so problem solved! :) Might just file a groove into the original.

Need to make sure to take the plastic bung out and I have a feeling it's one of those things that will be easy to leave in

Can't use the centre stand or kickstand when using the ABBA.

No you cannot. Holding bike without stand is bit scary at first but if the bike lift is pre set to correct height to locate fixing on near side of bike, it is then a quick and easy job. Once done a couple of times it’s no big deal but concentration is essential

but if the bike lift is pre set to correct height to locate fixing on near side of bike,

..and that's the key, pre-setting to the correct height (But how do you know what that is for the first attempt? A mate is the answer)

..and that's the key, pre-setting to the correct height (But how do you know what that is for the first attempt? A mate is the answer)

You make a valid point. It took me two goes to work out how to do it quickly and safely. But a mate or partner does solve the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom