I hate these bloody wheels...

I get BMW Central Edinburgh to clean my bike, when it gets ACF50 treatment, a service or any excuse to visit, goes in dirty, comes out clean..:hapybnce:

Next time you are there ask them who the only person is that borrows one of their loan bikes and takes it back cleaner ?

[emoji768 said:
win;5044280]Cleaning wheels? No problem ....

... as long as I keep the powder coated alloys under the GSA. :D

JJE16Wg.jpg

Indeed the spoked wheels are a PITA to clean. :mad:

ZSGWfOq.jpg

I like that. Adv looks great with the cast wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking of doing the same to my GSA just looking for some wheels

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am definitely thinking about getting BMW cast wheels for my GS-ADV too.
They are roughly 2 pounds lighter per wheel and I don't ride off road...of course if you hit a pot hole the spoke wheels are better/stronger.
Question is if I go with 17 inch wheels from the R1200R/S and loose roughly 25 mm ride height at the front / 10 mm at the peg or go with 19/17 cast wheels from the regular GS ?

@roadchefbob;looks great...:thumby:
Do you feel a difference in handling/quicker steering as the cast wheels are roughly 2 pounds lighter per wheel compared to the spoked ones ?
@leadfarmer;paint those wheels black and your bike will look even better !

Do you feel a difference in handling/quicker steering as the cast wheels are roughly 2 pounds lighter per wheel compared to the spoked ones ?

Not my bike, it’s martinvrs, just like the look of the grey wheels on the Rally colour scheme

I think it rides better,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@roadchefbob;one more question.
These are cast 17 inch wheels from a R1200R/S and not original GS cast wheels you put on your ADV ?!
Did you paint or powder coat them ?
Look good for sure :thumby:

Thank you !
If you say you feel a difference compared to the slightly heavier spoke wheels as in quicker steering I will follow you lead...;)
I'm afraid the bikes looses too much ground clearance with the smaller 17 inch front wheel so this might be a good (looking) compromise.

I ordered myself a set of GS cast wheels which I will have powder coated black and will put on for next season.
Theoretically I have the best of both worlds;lighter steering due to 2 pounds a wheel saved (I hope) and no loss of 10mm of ground clearance at the pegs (compared to a 17 inch front) !
We will see if the 2 grand were worth it.
Thanks guys for the pictures which inspired me...:D
If I should hit a pothole and bend the cast wheels (as spoked ones are sturdier) I can always go back to the spoked ones...;)
Only question remains while I'm at it if I leave the rotors on the stock wheels and upgrade to 320 mm rotors to improve the braking,too ?

Back
Top Bottom