ferry from Ireland to Spain

Cars, bikes, campers will take a while to become aware of, then convinced by and eventually change to a new ferry.
Haulage companies would, I'm sure, have worked out the logistics / costs as soon as the idea and costs were made available.
If they're not using it.......:nenau

It will be interesting to see if the hauliers embrace it post Brexit Jim............

Didn't think of that.
Yeah, that could indeed be a game changer for them and possibly why it was set up in the first place.

One thing I did like was the sailing time.
We sailed out at 10 on a Friday evening. No time off work if you're within a few hours of Cork. No manic rush through Friday traffic if you're coming from the other end of the country.
We landed back at 3 p.m. on a Monday. Plenty of time to get home and rested, ready for Tuesday morning work.

Just sailed back from Roscoff on the Connemara and i liked it better than the Pont Avent on the way out. cabin was great, a small bar with comfy seats and a great self service restaurant. I was on my own so settled down in the corner with a book and a few pints of the black stuff-bliss. And i was the first vehicle off at Cork. Alternatively the Pont Avent was packed with families and we had to wait for 1 hour 20 minutes to get off in Roscoff.

They are taking bookings for 2019 now. It looks like they are planning to run the service all year round.

Just back from a Cork / Santander return trip on the Connemara.
Forked out for a 4 berth outside cabin for two which was worth it as you're a long time on board and the homeward trip wasn't calm.
Found all aspects of the ferry satisfactory and the staff were helpful and friendly.
Hope it continues to run.

ferry to spain

It's good to hear for people who use the ferry, hoping to sail on it next year 2019, don't think there taking booking just yet, any one know any different??
one more thing is the restaurant / bar ok ????
cheers,
steve.

It's good to hear for people who use the ferry, hoping to sail on it next year 2019, don't think there taking booking just yet, any one know any different??
cheers,
steve.

See my post above #44, they are taking bookings right through 2019, a year round service by the looks of it.

cheers,
steve.

Restaurant and bar where both great. Bit off a queue but food good and the Guinness not bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I booked the ferry yesterday for a trip at the end of May to do the Cantabria tour (for pre '95 bikes).
I was initially confused re the cabin situation and with clarification from Bill (thanks Bill) see that to complete a single booking online you must reserve a cabin. If you are a solo traveler then it seems that you'll have to pay for a 4 berth cabin for which prices start at €155 (each way). I'm traveling with another person and it appears that you can put multiple people/bikes on a single booking and share out the cabin cost amongst yourselves . However I didn't want to do this as there are complications should one of the parties want to cancel. Basically you'd have to cancel the complete booking and make a new one. In the end I phoned Brittany Ferries in Cork and spoke to a most helpful fella called Mark who created two separate bookings for us which included sharing a cabin the cost of which only appears on one ticket.

He also mentioned the the ferry can only accommodate 16 bikes per sailing.

Back
Top Bottom