The next 20 years

If you really feel the need to update,spend good money on a really nice 1150.:thumb
IIRC you borrowed my 11 for a weekend,so you know how it rides,
The 1150 just has a better gearbox and feels right:D
Halfway house between 11 and 12:thumby:
I will admit that I really like the late tc

Hi Mike.

I never really liked the 1150, tried them when they first came out and have ridden friends bikes over the years since - not a lot of differences, I think it’s the 5 speed gearbox I like.

The age thing is also a problem - breakdown insurance in certain countries for bikes over 20 years old can be tricky, no entry to some European cities - I won’t be able to visit friends and relatives in London soon :eek: not necessarily a bad thing :D

Like you say everyone seems to like the TC - saw a good one today.
I’ve got the airhead for my nostalgia fix :thumb

I'd go for a TC 1200 Adventure. You would get a belter for your budget. They are good for big mileages and they don't disintergrate before your eyes despite what people might say. My old girl is 10 years old with 150k miles on it and just keeps ploughing on.

They aren't as well finished as the 1100's but look after them and they will look after you.

Don't bother. Get a R100S. Not many of them left. But then again what do I know, I'm only an LC owner :D

Thanks for all the opinions and advice.

I've just bought a 2011 triple black TC. I'm not too fussed about the colour scheme but wire wheels is a must for me. The bike has excellent provenance and good extras - it's also well priced with a 2 year BMW warranty.

I would definitely like the height of the Adv Chris but don't want or need a big tank but certainly seeing the miles on your bike was a reassurance.

See you on the road :beerjug: :thumby:

Very good choice D :thumb2
I tried a lot of different bikes and I rate these as a VERY good true all rounder :thumb2

Thanks for all the opinions and advice.

I've just bought a 2011 triple black TC. I'm not too fussed about the colour scheme but wire wheels is a must for me. The bike has excellent provenance and good extras - it's also well priced with a 2 year BMW warranty.

I would definitely like the height of the Adv Chris but don't want or need a big tank but certainly seeing the miles on your bike was a reassurance.

See you on the road :beerjug: :thumby:

Great choice and you'll be delighted with it I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom